For women only How to LBYM and stay clothed

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
Okay I've seen some of the clothes budgets and I can see how you can save a lot of money buying clothes or doing without but with bras topping $30.00 how do you stay in underwear and remain LBYM .Guys have it made a package of four for $9.99 and they are set .We women have bras ,panties ,don't even get me started on panthose ( when I lived up north I spent hundreds on pantyhose ) .So what are your tips to stay clothed and save money or have all the LBYM 'ers burned their bras ?

i get most of my bras and panties at nordie rack...the former are about 1/2 price (between 20-30 each, used to be 40-60) and the latter about $2 a piece, more if i splurge!

i used to work in lingerie, so i stick to the nicer brands and try to maintain them, only restock about 2 times per year.

but with bras topping $30.00 how do you stay in underwear and remain LBYM
OK who wants to be first?
evil.gif

Bras? Don't need no stinkin bras!

Oh, sorry, it said for women only.

Oh, sorry, it said for women only.
From the subject I thought this was going to be a thread about dating issues... no way was I going to pass by that warning!

Oh... my spouse says "Goodwill" and "Ross Dress for Less".

For Women Only

My DW has to have those super-industrial strength and size bras. I don't even dare ask how much they cost! I expect that by the time they ever make it to a Goodwill store, they'd be pretty much toast,though. That's a whole lotta pressure! :D:D:D

Guys, please look the other way!! LOL

sears.com has 39 bras for under $10 (I just checked), and I didn't count the ones under $20 but I think there were maybe 60 or so. I try to buy sturdy, practical styles that will do the job, wear well and not fall apart, hence Sears. I keep my eyes open for sales. Last time I got my favorite style for half price.

My DW has to have those super-industrial strength and size bras. I don't even dare ask how much they cost! I expect that by the time they ever make it to a Goodwill store, they'd be pretty much toast,though. That's a whole lotta pressure! :D:D:D

If I told you how much they cost it would raise your BP so let me just say that one of her bras is equal to your whole underwear budget .

Plus why do women have to pay more than guys for the same items .Bathing suits ! Guy bathing suits are $19.99 and women bathing suits are a days pay ! What's fair about that !

sears.com has 39 bras for under $10 (I just checked), and I didn't count the ones under $20 but I think there were maybe 60 or so. I try to buy sturdy, practical styles that will do the job, wear well and not fall apart, hence Sears. I keep my eyes open for sales. Last time I got my favorite style for half price.

Thanks I'll have to check out Sears !

Sears has good value when there is a sale. I also check a favourite store in Europe when I travel there. Buy most of my undies there in fact....and pajamas!

Plus why do women have to pay more than guys for the same items .Bathing suits ! Guy bathing suits are $19.99 and women bathing suits are a days pay ! What's fair about that !
I bought two new bathing suits a few weeks ago: $4.88 each.

Dude your wrong. Pure D wrong. Like sleeping on the sofa tonight wrong. :D

Speaking as one who is of "um" voluptuous proportions. Do not skimp on the bra. Buy quality on sale but buy quality. I will skimp some where else in my budget before I would put on a cheap or worse still a used bra.

If you are not too large you can get away with a sports bra and they are easy to find for under $20 on sale. However they do not work with every outfit so you have to have a standard one or a specialty one depending on the outfit. You clothes look and fit better with proper fitting foundation garments. Good ones last for year if hand washed or washed on the gentle cycle of the wash and lined dried.

I just bought three bras on clearance at Kohls - forget the exact price, but it was under $20 for all three together. But I'm "not too large" so I don't need the industrial strength ones.

As to pantyhose, in the winter I wear tights instead of hose for all but the most formal occasions. They don't cost less, but they wash in the machine and don't self-destruct while you are putting them on.

Bathing suits - I've had the same one for 6 years - but it's falling apart. Again, Clearance racks are my choice.

Speaking as one who is of "um" voluptuous proportions. Do not skimp on the bra. Buy quality on sale but buy quality. I will skimp some where else in my budget before I would put on a cheap or worse still a used bra.

I feel the same way plus a fancy bra pays you back in more ways than one .

I feel the same way plus a fancy bra pays you back in more ways than one .

Now your talking. DH buys those for me. ;) I like wearing them when we go out and tell him what I have on when we get to our destination. Messes with his mind. :D

I get Victoria's Secret bras but really scrimp on panties...Target, outlet stores. I wear my undies till they fall apart or the underwire starts killing me. My clothing budget is a little wierd. I've been on two cruises since retiring and I tend to buy new clothes just before cruises. I probably spent too much since what I budgeted for this year is almost gone. Might be a cold winter.

I wear mostly athletic clothes and have had great luck at Amazon.com and Target.com, trolling for sales and bargains. For swimwear I shop the sales at SpeedoUSA.com.
For more formal attire (not undies) I find great stuff at my local Value Village. Many things are brand new.

Uh-Huh!

I KNEW it! This really is a great thread! :D Where's CFB when we need him?

Hand washing. They'll last and last.

I try never to pay more than $8 or $10 for a bra, but mine could never be described as "industrial strength." I used to describe my size as "A minus" but since motherhood I graduated to B! I buy at major sales, Marshall's, Filene's Basement.

I buy my basic wardrobe items on eBay. I try on some brand-name items at the store, then hunt for them on eBay. I know my size of Chico's clothing, so I know in advance that their things will fit me (the looser, softer ones - those non-wrinkle Travelers things especially) so I buy them for much less than half price.

Anne

Believe it or not if you know the brand and size you want, eBay! Yep eBay is where I go for my double Ds because they don't come cheap! :D Brand new in the box 50-75% off includes shipping. Same thing with all underwear. And as angel said, you can get great deals on all clothing as long as you know what you want.

...i used to work in lingerie, .....

Yeah, so the girl says don't look and thinks what? We won't look? Are we not men?

Bless you Bright eyed. All men want to believe that of all women. That they are always in lingerie I mean. Oh - that's not what you meant??

Back
Top Bottom