Juice no longer on the loose

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
How many times is this guy gonna be framed?

Damn you Mark Furhman.......

A topic for another book perhaps?

from the borowitz report:

O.J. Authors “If I Robbed Them”

New Book Explores Hypothetical Armed Robbery

Just days after being arrested for armed robbery of sports memorabilia, former football great O.J. Simpson announced today that he was the author of a new book entitled, “If I Robbed Them.”

Speaking at a press conference in Las Vegas, Mr. Simpson described his latest literary venture, which he called “an attempt to get inside the mind of someone who would commit armed robbery of sports memorabilia.”

“Personally, participating in armed robbery of sports memorabilia is something that I would never do,” Mr. Simpson said. “That’s what made writing this book such a challenge, imagination-wise.”

Legal experts questioned the wisdom of Mr. Simpson’s decision to author this latest tome, since the publication of a book about a hypothetical incident of armed robbery of sports memorabilia could potentially make a jury suspect that Mr. Simpson himself had participated in such a crime, should his case someday go to trial.

But the former Heisman trophy winner’s new book received a vigorous defense from its publisher, Judith Regan, who said she came out of retirement to publish Mr. Simpson’s latest effort.

Sitting by Mr. Simpson’s side at the press conference, Ms. Regan said that readers of “If I Robbed Them” would recognize the “honesty and forthrightness that have become synonymous with O.J. Simpson.”

“I’ve been a publisher for a long time, and I’ve never encountered an author as truthful as O.J.,” she said. “Well, maybe James Frey.”

So, how does it work here?

1. I'm figuring that the authorities do not want to be embarrassed again, so they wouldn't have arrested him unless they were 110% certain that they could get a conviction, yes?

2. Even if all the stuff was his, and was stolen from him, it makes no difference in the eyes of the law, yes?

3. Anything related to the murders would be totally inadmissible in this trial, yes?

The Las Vegas Police Dept. came up in an Ebay fraud case. I bid on a four-year extension to my "Esquire" subscription and won it on the second bid for $4.24. Ebay’s feedback system had a 3-mo. limit and most subscriptions take longer than that to start so the seller had no bad feedback. I got a flurry of e-mails informing me I should have known better, if the deal looks too good to be true, it probably is. Considering the rapid decline in the quality of this once-great rag, I disagreed. I e-mailed the seller, the e-mail bounced. Another very long e-mail arrived from a concerned eBayer informing me that the seller is under investigation by the LVPD. I looked at the LVPD info.–they had a complaint process which I declined to use for a possible $4.24 loss. By the fifth month, the subscription started and went its entire four years while the magazine declined even further; I won’t renew it, not even for free.

The point of this is that if the LVPD has time to go after that kind of petty fraud, I can’t wait to see what they do with armed robbery.

I feel like I am living in a time warp - OJ arrested and Hillary with a health care plan. What year is this exactly?

I feel like I am living in a time warp - OJ arrested and Hillary with a health care plan. What year is this exactly?

It's the 1990's..........:D

Given the wrongful death judgements facing him, I'm guessing he prolly doesn't have the liquidity to get someone of Johnny's calibre this time 'round.

Given the wrongful death judgements facing him, I'm guessing he prolly doesn't have the liquidity to get someone of Johnny's calibre this time 'round.

I think he has fallen back to .38 caliber.........

Bah, let 'em post bail. It's not like he's a flight risk and would jump into a white ford bronco, or, er... wait. :rolleyes:

-CC

Back
Top Bottom