Have you ever had a DC Jack replaced on a laptop?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
You know...the little round hole into which you plug the charger. My son stepped on the cord, and its definately loose. It's tough to get it to charge without setting it juuuuust right.

So Im wondering what it should cost to have a pc repair shop replace the jack in my Acer 3620 laptop. is this something i might be able to do?

Thanks

I had a similar event with another piece of equipment. In that case, the solder holding the jack had given way and I was able to resolder it to the printed circuit board.
Whether or not you could fix it yourself depends on the actual damage and if you could handle a soldering iron.

So Im wondering what it should cost to have a pc repair shop replace the jack in my Acer 3620 laptop. is this something i might be able to do?

Hopefully it's not like HP, who decided to solder the jack right to the motherboard and it's not a user job. In order to re-solder the jack, the laptop has to be taken completely apart. Not an easy job, even HP chooses to replace the motherboard rather than resolder. i had it done once, fortunately it was under warranty. There's a cottage industry of people who resolder HP jacks for a fraction of the price that HP charges, and you might find the same for Acer, google Acer jack repair and see.

Are you sure that the problem is in the jack and not the plug?

DD had exactly this problem, but then tried it with some else's charger, and it was OK.

Are you sure that the problem is in the jack and not the plug?

DD had exactly this problem, but then tried it with some else's charger, and it was OK.

yeah, its the computer. i have 2 chargers, and both do the same...one is new that i purchased to be sure!!

what a POS

Back
Top Bottom