Early Retirement FAQ's

TexasGal

Recycles dryer sheets
Where are the Early Retirement FAQ's going to be permanently anchored? I can't seem to find the grouping anywhere. I only see them in new posts when they pop up.
It's probably right in front of my eyes! :duh:

Nords, great job. I am reading as you post and these links are very helpful!

TG

Where are the Early Retirement FAQ's going to be permanently anchored? I can't seem to find the grouping anywhere. I only see them in new posts when they pop up.
It's probably right in front of my eyes! :duh:
Nords, great job. I am reading as you post and these links are very helpful!
TG
Sorry, guys, operator error.

I asked Andy R to set up a private forum while I populated it with posts, but somehow they keep leaking out into public view. It appears to be a software setting but it's kept Andy hopping on whack-a-mole duty. That wasn't my intent and I apologize if it seems like we've been teasing people with previews.

Andy's going to make it public any minute now.

Feel free to send me more topics & threads; I'll collate them and put them up.

A geat start. I'm sure there will be more. Do you take suggestions like the 'Best of Boards' forum? Don't worry, I don't have any right now.

Kudos! Nice cross-reference.

Andy - Here is a thought. It would be nice if the software has a categorization option with pre-populated choices that could be selected before or even after the fact to help identify new items.

For example:

Insurance:
- Life Insurance
- LTC Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Auto Insurance
Investing
- Asset Allocation

This list of pick options would need to be managed, but if Mods were inclined to do so, they could classify worthwhile posts over time. Or you could open it up to everyone. That might be the easiest way to handle it and ad new categorizations.

The same list could be added to the search mechanism for ease of searching and listing categorized posts.

Nevertheless... Great work!

It is good, I'm reviewing those mort pay off threads - I may have a specific discussion point to bring up if I don't find the detail in one of those threads. Great places to start though.

Good addition to the forum, IMO.

-ERD50

Good work. Thanks to Nords for the initiative and others for supporting him.

Now I realize how little I have read on some of these subjects. And I thought I was an expert!

Kudos! Nice cross-reference.

Andy - Here is a thought. It would be nice if the software has a categorization option with pre-populated choices that could be selected before or even after the fact to help identify new items.

For example:

Insurance:
- Life Insurance
- LTC Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Auto Insurance
Investing
- Asset Allocation

This list of pick options would need to be managed, but if Mods were inclined to do so, they could classify worthwhile posts over time. Or you could open it up to everyone. That might be the easiest way to handle it and ad new categorizations.

The same list could be added to the search mechanism for ease of searching and listing categorized posts.

Nevertheless... Great work!
I think we could use a system like this coupled with the FAQs to be really organized. I will put together a visual on this so you all can understand what I am thinking. Here is a post about the same topic a while back.
http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f32/organizing-finding-info-tagging-28714.html

Back
Top Bottom