------------------------------------
From Continental Airlines email to me:
------------------------------------
From: Continental Airlines, Inc. <Continental_Airlines_Inc@coair.com>
To: ____
Sent: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 8:33 am
Subject: Your flight on 11/05/2007

Dear Mr. ____:

You are a valued OnePass Silver Elite member and we work hard to meet your travel needs, while making sure that all Continental Airlines flights operate safely and on time. Unfortunately, there are times when even our best efforts cannot prevent a flight disruption.

Our records show that while traveling with us to Washington/ Reagan National, DC (DCA) on 11/05/2007 your baggage did not arrive on time. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay. Please be assured that we are reviewing the cause of this delay in order to prevent this type of inconvenience in the future.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely,

Garry Meckel
Manager, Baggage Resolution Service Center

--------------------------
My response to Mr. Meckel:
--------------------------

Dear Mr Meckel:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[/FONT]Please be assured that we are reviewing the cause of this delay in order to prevent this type of inconvenience in the future.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"

I'm glad you consider me a valued Elite member. But that's the same thing you told me a couple of flights ago when one of my bags didn't arrive.
[/FONT]

---------------------------
From Continental back to me:
---------------------------
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif] This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Continental_Airlines_Inc@coair.com

[/FONT]

It's always nice when you're given special treatment.

Yes, and I'm glad my bags are sent with a special sticker "Elite Access -- Special Handling." It not for those stickers, I might have to wait a couple of weeks to get them after my flight landed, instead of a couple of days.

Heartwarming. And people say customer service is dead!

I've been lucky I guess. 300 individual segments inthe last 3 years and only two late bags. Mostly US Air. The baggage guys at Charlotte are tops--several times I've had to dash across the airport and arrived just as the gate was closing, and my bags made it every time.

Heartwarming. And people say customer service is dead!

I've been lucky I guess. 300 individual segments inthe last 3 years and only two late bags. Mostly US Air. The baggage guys at Charlotte are tops--several times I've had to dash across the airport and arrived just as the gate was closing, and my bags made it every time.

You've been real lucky ! My experience with US air has been my luggage makes it more than I do .

That's right up there with the calls to customer service where they say "your call is important to us" while leaving you on hold for an hour.

These kinds of insincere customer service do more to make me not want to do business with a particular company than the original problem.

I only permanently lost bags twice. I never saw the one with the computer in it again. I got the one with the Tivo in it back with the lock missing. It was right after the tivo came out and my best guess is that nobody could figure out what it was and decided they didnt want to risk losing their jobs stealing something they couldnt use.

There is the matter of receiving a bag six hours after the flight. It appeared to have been thrown from the plane just prior to landing. I'd think it had been thrown into a lake due to everything being wet, but it must have been a hard impact because everything in the bag that wasnt clothing was broken into small bits.

On the customer service piece, I'm always amused to receive a "We're sort of sorry" letter that advises that the sending mailbox cannot receive replies or on replying that the sending mailbox is full. Both say "We Really Care".

Worst lost luggage experience: Checked in three bags for myself, DH and DD on a flight to New York. DD's bag arrived with the flight; my bag was delivered to NY hotel three days after arrival; DH's bag was permanently lost. Had to fight with Northwest for weeks on claim.

Best lost luggage experience: Two families, seven of us in all, flew to Dublin, Ireland, changing planes in London. We arrived in Dublin, but not one of our bags came with us. Found out later the bags were tagged to "Lisbon" not "London/Dublin". Bags were located and delivered to us within 12 hours...after British Airways provided each of us with a complementary toiletry kit (each holding about $50 worth of good stuff!) AND $150 each for "essentials".

You've been real lucky ! My experience with US air has been my luggage makes it more than I do .

:2funny:

LOVE IT.... but what if you are the really lucky one who gets neither...

I flew for a living many moons ago.

I missed one flight.
My bags missed a different flight.

My favorate was I landed in Rochester, NY in August. I went to Avis counter to get my car. They had no cars. "But I had a reservation". "Sorry Mr ______, we are sold out". "But I made my reservation 4 weeks ago" (I had been going back and forth to Rochester for months). "Sorry Mr _____ there is a NASCAR race in Watkins Glen and all our cars are rented".

Anyone ever see that Seinfeld episode? That really happens.

I grew up in Rochester, so my dad came and picked me up, took me to his house, and took me back to airport the next evening to pick up a car.

I think Cincinnati's airport does a good job getting bags to where they need to be. I think Avis needs to learn what a reservation is.

Back
Top Bottom