Long Road Out Of Eden

LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
All you children of the '70's need to buy this one! Some of the songs have a pretty pessimistic outlook on the environment, but WOW!

The style is true to the Eagles and the harmonies are unmistakable. Destined to become one of their best albums. And only $12 for a double album!!

Too bad the Beatles never got together for a reunion album, if this is any indication of what a few years off can do for a group. Next up, Fleetwood Mac?

Already bought it...can't stop listening to it. Absolutely terrific. I think the lyrics are a little too "activist" in certain songs, but the melody and harmony win me over anyway. From what I read, the last song on the second CD (It's Your World Now) is supposed to be their official goodby song...as in no more studio albums. :(

Sales this past week-end were 711,000. That was a big ca-ching for Wal-Mart, which is the only place you can buy the CD, except directly from the Eagles's website. The CD is "green", no plastic disk cover, thanks to some fancy negotiating with Wal-Mart. The paper envelop the CDs come in is made with recycled material. Eagles really are trying to make the world "greener". Hard to find fault with that.

Back
Top Bottom