Less than 3 weeks to freedom

ARB57

Dryer sheet aficionado
Greetings from a longtime forum fan, first time poster. I'm just days away from early retirement and excited about what lies ahead. Throughout my life, I've been a poster child for conservative investing, but disciplined saving. At 52 and single, I've run the calculations every which way that I know how and all suggest that I'm in pretty good shape to move ahead with ER (and won't have to sell any organs to make it happen.)

December 31st is my final day in the office. I'll start firing off the really lame questions etc. shortly, but, for now - I thought that I'd just check in. Thanks for the enjoyment that I've gotten over the years from the board and thanks, in advance, for allowing me to be a part of it.

ARB57, congratulations! Talk about a happy new year :)

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you and hearing the story of your road to ER.

Coach

Congratulations. You're in the home stretch. My last day is Thursday. Like you, I've been running the numbers, making a list, checking it twice and am really looking forward to when I can make my own schedule.

It's weird. I've sort of become the invisible man at w**k. I'm so far out of the loop, it's almost like I'm not there. I guess my transition plan was a success.:rolleyes: Have you noticed that at all? I have no desire to do part time and everyone knows it. Just wondering if you are in the same boat.

Last year, after I announced my retirement, but before my departure, I started to refer to myself as the troll under the bridge as I was so totally out of the loop -- not that that was a bad thing. I spent nearly two months in a transition office, shredding my files, clearing out computer files, organizing a few key folders for my replacement (who really didn't want to even meet with me), and most importantly, used those two months to finalize some details to my personal transition to freedom.

Congratulations ARB57! And what a HAPPY new year! :D
cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif

ARB57 welcome to the boards. As a newbee myself RE 7/1/07 I've found that you'll probably sleep in a lot after retiring getting the built up stress out. Then you'll smile a lot and ask yourself if this feeling goes away. It hasn't for me and I'm sure some of the others will agree. Lastly get rid of the wrist watch you won't need it anymore except for traveling (catching the plane,train , bus on time) :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom