What do you pay for a haircut?

Trek

Full time employment: Posting here.
I don't get them as frequently as I used to when I worked and had to look presentable every day, but it's still an expense (until I can talk my wife into doing it).

Basic haircut where I go runs the equivalent of $4 USD or an annual outlay of $48 (one cut per month).

What do you pay / budget for haircuts (if you still bother to get them)?

Last edited:
$15 per cut plus $5 tip...about 4x a year. Enjoy the company of my "stylist" more than the experience itself!

BF shaves the "dome" daily, so razors run him some $$ - probably $20/mo (?)....doing it yourself does not always save $$$ :)

Last edited:
$45 every 6 months....enjoy the company of my stylist as well!
Used to get two $500 treatments per year for hair straightening....I bought a conair straightener/dryer for $40 instead!

I married my "barber" 24 yrs ago, so nada!
SHe does a passable job, plus I get to drink a beer & watch the game while she snips.
I don't know what a shop charges around here, but I figure at $10/per, I've saved about $2500.
cool.gif

I Pay...

...$17.50, including a tip, for my haircuts. I get one about every 6 weeks. I was one of the first customers this hair stylist had when she got in the business about 20 years ago. Since then, she's changed employers several times, and about ten years ago branched out on her own (she works out of her house now). She still only charges me $10, the same amount she did for my first haircut way back then. I voluntarily give her more. I do get special treatment, like first choice of dates for a hair appointment, and if there is some emergency, she will cut my hair whenever I need it (she now only works on Saturdays and Tuesdays). The other advantage is she and her husband live in our neighborhood, so I can walk to my appointments (once my hip heals, I'll be back to walking ;)). We are actually friends.

Wife uses clippers on me so free minus the cost of the clippers. When I let my hair go longer I spend about 13 to get it cut.

About $10 to $12 with a $3 tip.... maybe 4 to 5 times a year.

I pay $12.50 plus a tip, about once a month. It's worth $12.50 just for the jokes and the local gossip. My barber seems to know everyone and is always a good source for the lowest prices on anything you can imagine.

He even has a website.

HOME

I bought a set of clippers ($15) about 4-5 years ago and have done it myself since then. It was $11+$2 tip when I quit paying.

zilch or a bunch, depending on how having a live-in barber is viewed. As i see it having my own on-site barber is a positive. Tangential benefits.

$45 every 6 months....
Same here for the last year or two. The salon is close to home and I can walk to it. Lately, I've been thinking that's too much money.

A couple of years ago, I would go to the cosmetology school and get it done for $5 a cut + $3 tip. But they were only open weekdays so it was a hassle. They had also increased their price to $7, last time I checked.

I am thinking of growing my hair long and not having it cut until I visit the Philippines. SIL there cuts hair and is so happy to get 300 pesos from me, equivalent of about $5 to $6.

In summer I buzz it with my own clippers. #3 comb. Fall and other colder months I pay $17 plus tip. I really would like to find a better barber/stylist, but I won't pay more than $20. When you are older a good haircut just like a close shave helps your appearance a lot. I try to go 5-6 weeks between cuts, though in summer I do it maybe weekly.

Ha

I go every six weeks for a cut and color touch up $72.00. It's one of the things I won't scrimp on .

$17 + $6 tip

although I just "cheated" and got a haircut while on vacation. It appears that haircuts are THE ONLY thing cheaper in Hawaii

Zip, zero, nada......nuttin' honey!

Cut it myself and have for 30+ years!

O0

about $23 including 20% tip each month in this high rent district. i consider it less a haircut and more a grey hair removal process. no dye, just clipping. either the salt grows faster than the pepper or i simply liked my hair longer when it was less salty. i rationalize the short hair by thinking it is better for driving with the top down.

i've been going to the same barber for almost 20 years.

$15 plus tip. Been going to the same guy over 30 years. Classic one-man shop complete with mens magazines on the magazine rack, beer in the fridge you're welcome to help yourself to and guys hanging around shooting the bull. I'm sure DW would do it for me if I asked, but somehow I don't think it would be the same.

$80 for cut and colour every 8 weeks, but the entertainment is priceless and it's cheaper than having a therapist.

$0 since the wife does it but she does expect something in return!:D

My wife cuts mine. She enjoys doing it and I enjoy her doing it. I don't tip her.:D

Back
Top Bottom