Thank-you !!! so much information here !!!

sonny

Confused about dryer sheets
i found this forum about 3 months ago, and have been browsing some of the threads here. and i must say... there's so much help here.. from the simple living network, to a book called 'the adventurers guide to early retirement.', to the FIRE calculators.

i'm 49 and my wife is 47, and i have been thinking seriously about ER. we have about 500K saved, and our house is paid for. our two boys are 1 and 3 years away from university. my wife is supportive, and says she will continue to work part time (she's been working 15-20 hrs a week since the boys were born.) I plan on working 3 days a week next year, then calling it quits within the year. i want to spend more time watching the boys grow up instead of sitting in my car 3 hours a day.

we plan on living the simple lifestyle, but still visit the orient (we have relatives in SE Asia). so i hope we've saved enough with a simple lifestyle. there's so much i want to do when i ER !!!!

everyone is so supportive here, sharing their stories, and giving advice... i just want to say thanks !!

Sonny

Hi and welcome

Glad you are enjoying the resources. I guess the first thing to ask is if you looked at Zoey's thread since she is retiring with the same amount of money in Hawaii. I guess a lot of it is how much you expect your expenses to be.

Back
Top Bottom