Space -A for Dependents

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
If you know any AD military folks, pass this info along. It could save the family a few traveling bucks.

Military families of deployed personnel may be able to save some travel money thanks to a new Space A policy for families. As of Dec. 6, 2007, spouses and children of personnel deployed 120 days or longer now can use military transport in CONUS, to/from CONUS, and within/between theater, provided they have a verification letter from the military member's commander.
In the past, only overseas-based dependents could travel to the States or within theater on one round trip. The new policy allows family members, regardless of where they are based, to travel unaccompanied for unlimited times during the deployment when seats are available. Children under the age of 18 still need an eligible parent or legal guardian to travel with them.

MOAA: Military Officers Association of AmericaFree Space A Flights for Families of Deployed

Thanks. My niece's spouse is being is being sent to a new base in 02/08 and then deployed to Afghanistan in 08/08. I don't know if this could help them or not, but I will pass it along. He has less than 4 yrs to go for his 20 yr retirement.

I now have a son-in-law who is active duty in the Navy. So thanks for any military info!

Back
Top Bottom