Airport Pickup in Honolulu?

DangerMouse

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Has anyone used a car service for a pick up from Honolulu Airport? I know there are plenty of taxis but when we go next month there are going to be 4 of us with 4 suitcases so it would be great if we could organise a mini van in advance. For some reason everytime we take a taxi to or from Honolulu Airport, even when there is only two of us, we end up with one of those ostentatious stretch limos which I detest.

There is a van shuttle that goes to Waikiki. I have used it a couple of times. Don't remember the cost. (Mega-corp always paid for it.)

MB

I don't really want to use one of those group shuttle buses as it always seems I used to be the last one dropped off. Once we are there, we just want to be whisked away so we can enjoy the atmosphere of the beach, not the streets of Honolulu.

What about the Nord Shuttle?
Sorry, haven't used a shuttle service in years and I can't vouch for any of them.

Charley's should be OK with the number of people you're making a reservation for. But if they stand you up, there's always "The Cab".

I used Oahu Airport Shuttle for a few years but they seem to be out of business.
Last time I tried to find an airport shuttle I struck out.

Not recommending this for you, since you'll have big bags, but we plan to either take the shuttle ($9/person) or the bus ($2/person) depending on how we feel when we get there. It's only an 9 mile trip.

I used Oahu Airport Shuttle for a few years but they seem to be out of business.
I used to see their vans parked in the Mililani neighborhood but they've disappeared. I was wondering what happened.

When their shuttle driver gave my parents-in-law a ride to the airport last year, the guy was talking on his cell phone when the van pulled up to the curb. He smiled & waved at my PILs (still talking), loaded their luggage one-handed (still talking), gestured them into the van (still talking) and drove them away (still talking). Great customer manners.

Back
Top Bottom