Retired exec looking for challenge

bjuell

Confused about dryer sheets
My goal since retiring is to find something to do that is challenging, fulfilling, helps others; but, it is something I can do when I want to do it. I am trying to become an effective blogger, but that is easy to start and hard to maintain. So......... I am looking for ideas from others. I am willing to swap ideas with those with similar drives.:confused:

Having a nice life

I am trying to analyze this response. YOU have a nice life now. or, You HAVE a nice life now. or, You have a NICE life now. or, You have a nice life NOW!.
I will try to be responsive on all counts. bj:confused:

bjuell,

"You have a nice life now" is honobob's signature line. this is not a specific response to your thread.

You may want to read some of the FAQ and best of - look for threads on 'what do you do all day'. Identify your interests, and offer to volunteer - some types of volunteer efforts are more flexible than others.

Well, it depends on what you mean by challenging. Working with juvenile offenders can be challenging. I'm sure there are organizations where you can volunteer your time working with these kids. Having been a defense attorney for juvenile offenders a few years back was challenging, rewarding and depressing!

I agree with Coach's suggestion. SCORE is a wonderful organization that really makes good use of their volunteers' time. Sounds like it might be a good fit for you.

My goal since retiring is to find something to do that is challenging, fulfilling, helps others; but, it is something I can do when I want to do it. I am trying to become an effective blogger, but that is easy to start and hard to maintain. So......... I am looking for ideas from others. I am willing to swap ideas with those with similar drives.:confused:

Try working with lower income types, explaining fundamental financial concepts, can be frustrating and rewarding all at the same time.

I thought about volunteering for SCORE. Anybody want to share their experience? What did you do on your typical volunteer day. How long did you do it and why did you quit?

I am trying to analyze this response. YOU have a nice life now. or, You HAVE a nice life now. or, You have a NICE life now. or, You have a nice life NOW!.
I will try to be responsive on all counts. bj:confused:
It's a farewell [-]gesture[/-] sentiment that I express to those posters who I'm about to add to my "Ignore Poster" list.

Since he included my comment in his signature, apparently Bob feels it's a compliment.

Back
Top Bottom