Which Online Savings Account?

dougie790

Dryer sheet aficionado
What is the best online savings account these days? I had an account at ING but closed it last year so I would like someone different. Any suggestions from personal experience would be great. Thanks.

Dave

I have an Emigrant and an ING account. One is for cash and one is my car fund.

I've had emigrant and ING accounts, and I'm now moving my money to vanguard Prime just for simplicity and to have everything in one place.

I realized that whenever I would chase a better rate to get a tenth of a point more, that would involve passing my money through my checking account where it would lose essentially all interest for a week or two, cancelling out any rate savings I might have found.

I've used Emigrant for about a year with no problems. Works out well for keeping extra cash.

I have an Emigrant and an ING account. One is for cash and one is my car fund.

I use Emigrant, ING and Vanguard. One thing I like about ING...I called them one time and someone answered, "ING, how can we help you make some money today?". That put a smile on my face.

I've had emigrant and ING accounts, and I'm now moving my money to vanguard Prime just for simplicity and to have everything in one place.

Same here. I had ING Direct. They had good customer service. The rates definitely started to lag others. I transferred all of it Vanguard Prime MM. It's just easier for me to have it one place and the rate is good.

Back
Top Bottom