What version of Quicken ?

Delawaredave5

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just bought "Deluxe" versions of Quicken and Turbotax.

What version of Quicken do I want ? Other versions include "Premiere" and "Home and Office".

Main reason I want Quicken: to track/manage/calculate cost basis of portfolio. I want to enter stock transactions going back a bunch of years and "catch up" on my accounting.

Is this Deluxe version OK for this ?

I'm not so interested in "monthly expense tracking" - I'm guessing all the versions are OK for this.

Thanks !

As I said, I have the Deluxe box - which has your chart - already had that.

I'm trying to understand if this Deluxe version has sufficient stock cost basis calculating/tracking functionality - or would I be better off with Premiere or Home/Office version.

As I said, I have the Deluxe box - which has your chart - already had that.

I'm trying to understand if this Deluxe version has sufficient stock cost basis calculating/tracking functionality - or would I be better off with Premiere or Home/Office version.

I use Premier addition. We keep all our records with it and it tells me all I want to know about my investments, and more. It also shows your financial overview--lets you know if you are on track for retirement. I wouldn't go by it alone, but over the years, you can really see your progress. Looking at the chart, it seems only Premier and Office editions really track investments.

I'm in Canada so our versions are different than in the US. I had been using Deluxe 2002 but had to upgrade last year to XG 2007 in order to be able to update investment prices automatically. After a few years Intuit stops supporting the older versions for the investment price updates, and I believe for bank transaction downloads.

Kate

Back
Top Bottom