lurked for years...finally registered!

frank2009

Recycles dryer sheets
hello fellow early retirees, and those wishing they were,

As the title says, i've lurked here for 2-3 years and always meant to register. Well I guess better late than never.

Anyway, i'm a married 48 year old man; no kids. Retired from a civil service job (ok i was a sergeant in a very large metropolitan police dept). Thanks to a decent pension, including health coverage, and a nice portfolio, (those 457b and 401k contributions do add up!) I will probably never have to work again, unless i want to.

Welcome aboard Frank! Sounds like the water will be just fine for you. Now you can enjoy the life you have worked for.

hello fellow early retirees, and those wishing they were,

As the title says, i've lurked here for 2-3 years and always meant to register. Well I guess better late than never.

Anyway, i'm a married 48 year old man; no kids. Retired from a civil service job (ok i was a sergeant in a very large metropolitan police dept). Thanks to a decent pension, including health coverage, and a nice portfolio, (those 457b and 401k contributions do add up!) I will probably never have to work again, unless i want to.
Frank, welcome to the forum! You've earned your retirement -- I know your community thanks you for your service. Have a great time!

Coach

Hi Frank
Now that you've registered you can ask all those questions that you wanted to ask during your years of lurking.^-^

thanks all for the welcome. Should have registered sooner!

No real financial qestions yet. This market however, sure is tough!

Hi and thanks again for the welcome, should have registered sooner.

Miceyd-That was funny; thanks for the laugh!

As far as hobbies:

Thinking (obsessing) about market conditions and my portfolio...interest rates, price of oil, inflation, stagflation, price of food, commodities...woops there he goes again.

physical fitness-a little running, working out, getting dragged through the street by my crazy lab, biking.

I've done a small amount of volunteer work with an animal rescue group, and would like to get more involved with that.

Trying to work on the car, but looking under the hood of my new car ('08 mazda 3)and I might as well be looking at the innards of a space shuttle if the innards of the space shuttle were plastic.

that's about it; would like to hear about some of the ways you guys (and ladies) fill up you days.

frank

re would like to hear about some of the ways you guys (and ladies) fill up you days. frank
a lady here...
mornings - internet surf including here. do laundry, mindless house chores, pay bills, all easy and short term stuff. any requested honey-do's involving paperwork.
afternoons - curl up with a good book, turn on classical music, volunteer driving for the DAV/VA transportation network 2x a week, cook, call friends who have troubles and leave nice messages for when they get home, do taxes (argh). watch it snow, hope it will melt.

Back
Top Bottom