Retirement Income Redesigned

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Have any of you read this book by Harold Evensky & Deena Katz? I would love a good read on spending in retirement if you could recommend this book or another.

Based on the question, I ended up buying it from Amazon.

It's a technical book (more of a textbook for financial planners), but looks like it has some really good content.

The chapter called "Lifelong retirement Income -- how to quantify and eliminate luck" by Jim Otar which talks about how to quantify the contribution that luck, asset allocation, asset selection, management costs contributes to withdrawal rates is worth the price of the book -- as well as the point on how to think about annuities vs. as the author puts it correctly "self-insuring your own portfolio."

So looks good at first impression. Will let you know when I complete the book. Cheers

I just ordered from half.com myself, but haven't received it yet. Have read/heard Evensky before and topic (decumulation in depth) is one that I don't see meaningfully discussed in books that often. And reviews I read suggested that while it was written for FP's, it's moderately technical, so I think I can handle it. Looking forward to reading it...

Back
Top Bottom