I quit my job today!

Way to go! Did you make it out with a straight face or were you laughing all the way home?

Congrats. We had three people yesterday take the package and retired. They didn't FIRE just retired. I was still very jealous!!!

Add me to the jealous group. I think I may be following closely behind you, as I also had one of those days yesterday and the day before and the day before. I think I am so done with the BS.

So what's next? Are you taking time off or will the search commence for your next job?

Way to go! Did you make it out with a straight face or were you laughing all the way home?

I was a little nervous. I have only been in this job a little over a year, but I knew it was time to get out. I was laughing on the inside though...;)

Add me to the jealous group. I think I may be following closely behind you, as I also had one of those days yesterday and the day before and the day before. I think I am so done with the BS.

So what's next? Are you taking time off or will the search commence for your next job?

I had been in negotiations for about a month before I quit. I have a new job all lined up. Nice promotion, nice bump up in salary, nice signing bonus. I start in June with 2.5 weeks off before that.

Congrats! Your month off will give you a taste of the FIRE'd lifestyle...enjoy it.

What's the new job, if you don't mind?

Going from credit analyst at rating agency (was here 1 year) back to valuation at an accounting firm (8 years experience with 2 Big 4 firms prior to credit analyst)

Congrats! Your month off will give you a taste of the FIRE'd lifestyle...enjoy it.

Not 1 month off unfortunately. I have to finish up 2 weeks here, but then I am off for 2.5 weeks.. :)

I hope this new place turns out to be all you're hoping for and a bag of chips!

Back
Top Bottom