A Win for the "Little Guy" regarding annuities.......

Funny article for me, don't expect too many people on this board to be too surprised however...

No life insurance, ever? Wow, you like living on the edge.........:eek:

Nothing from ins companies unless I have to have it like car or home ins.

No annuities, life ins I still have but don't need.

I was sold 3 whole life policies in my life. The first 2 ended up in a class action suit and I later cancelled the policies and received money under the settlements.

A few weeks ago I received a check for $31500 from Mass Mutual for the class action suit against the last policy I still hold. Do you think that since I had 3 policies and they all ended in class action suits that the ins companies and the salespeople did the right thing.

Ya think maybe I should go out and get an annuity now so I can be part of another class action?

Nothing from ins companies unless I have to have it like car or home ins.

No annuities, life ins I still have but don't need.

I was sold 3 whole life policies in my life. The first 2 ended up in a class action suit and I later cancelled the policies and received money under the settlements.

A few weeks ago I received a check for $31500 from Mass Mutual for the class action suit against the last policy I still hold. Do you think that since I had 3 policies and they all ended in class action suits that the ins companies and the salespeople did the right thing.

Ya think maybe I should go out and get an annuity now so I can be part of another class action?

Didn't you sell credit term and disability on your car loans while in F&I?? As far as no life insurance at all, I'm happy you beat the odds, but I doubt DW or my kids would like me running with no life insurance.........albeit I do have large amounts of term..........

FD, are you at a bar?

I said I have life ins. reread. Also that I don't need it at this point.

We did not sell disability or life ins at the dealership. In NY state it's frowned upon and my dealer didn't offer it. I think maybe because of the low profit allowed in NY state the dealer could not mark it up as in other states.

As far as no life insurance at all, I'm happy you beat the odds, but I doubt DW or my kids would like me running with no life insurance.........albeit I do have large amounts of term..........
If you are single and have no dependents, OR if you have a large enough nest egg that your death will not cause financial hardship due to loss of income, you don't *need* life insurance.

If you are single and have no dependents, OR if you have a large enough nest egg that your death will not cause financial hardship due to loss of income, you don't *need* life insurance.

Um, I used to work at NML, but thanks for the reminder..........;)

FD, are you at a bar?

Darn, I wish I was..............must sound like I've been drinking........:p

I think maybe because of the low profit allowed in NY state the dealer could not mark it up as in other states.

I have NO IDEA why anyone would want to be a LI agent in New York...........:eek:

What would "the little guy" need with an annuity? :p

I was referring to the fact that most investors find little or no recourse when an insurance company uses questionable sales practices to whitewash investors...........

MANY retirement plans are annuities, so a LOT of little guys own them...........

From annuities to life insurance is bad to insuring your member to the bar and back again. This is a weird thread.

From annuities to life insurance is bad to insuring your member to the bar and back again. This is a weird thread.

Sounds like a typical male thread to me..........:D

Back
Top Bottom