Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Forum Admin (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f32/)
-   -   "stopped" and firefox 3 (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f32/stopped-and-firefox-3-a-36543.html)

cute fuzzy bunny 06-20-2008 11:37 AM

"stopped" and firefox 3

I thought I saw a thread on this, but danged if I can find it after 3 seconds of searching.

Using FF3 I'm having no troubles with any other sites but this one. When I do a 'user cp' or search function, I get the resulting page for .2 seconds, then it goes blank, I see 'stopped' in the lower left corner and the cursor spins indicating some sort of processing/wait. It will sit like this indefinitely.

Hitting backspace brings up the proper page correctly.

Its like it does it, then goes to do something else and that bamboozles firefox 3.

Sarah in SC 06-20-2008 11:39 AM

Ditto for me, only this site is a problem, and it hangs up just like CFB said.
Technical sorts....helloooooooo.....

REWahoo 06-20-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny (Post 672241)
I thought I saw a thread on this, but danged if I can find it after 3 seconds of searching.

Here you go...

https://www.early-retirement.org/foru...0-a-36508.html

cute fuzzy bunny 06-20-2008 11:49 AM

Oh I know its there. I just havent started a thread in a while.

Goonie 06-20-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny (Post 672241)
Its like it does it, then goes to do something else and that bamboozles firefox 3.

Maybe the new Firefox goes looking for the bacon thread. ;D

Tech Admin 06-20-2008 12:31 PM

Ok, I am trying to reproduce this, just installed FF 3 and cannot get it to happen. Could someone here who is affected, please paste a link where this happens to them.

REWahoo 06-20-2008 12:45 PM

I can't reproduce it at the moment. Seems to be an occasional problem. Next time it happens I'll try to capture the information and let you know...

Sarah in SC 06-20-2008 12:46 PM

Mine just stopped, and it just has the regular url for the website at the top and Stopped in the lower left corner. It seems to happen when you are going back and forth from the portal to the threads. I have a screen shot, but it doesn't seem like it would help much.

Tech Admin 06-20-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah in SC (Post 672277)
Mine just stopped, and it just has the regular url for the website at the top and Stopped in the lower left corner. It seems to happen when you are going back and forth from the portal to the threads. I have a screen shot, but it doesn't seem like it would help much.

Right now, a screenshot would be 500% more than what I have to go on right now..

REWahoo 06-20-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah in SC (Post 672277)
Mine just stopped, and it just has the regular url for the website at the top and Stopped in the lower left corner.

My experience is a blank page, 'stopped' in the lower left corner, and some strange, abbreviated info in the url.

Tech Admin 06-20-2008 01:18 PM

Starting to see a pattern here:

3.0 has numerous rendering issues

Firefox3 keeps crashing and won't load most pages first time (Including this forum!)

Basic troubleshooter:

Basic Troubleshooting

OAG 06-20-2008 04:00 PM

I have been using ff for a long time. It did not happen even with the Betas, RC1, 2 & 3 and it ONLY HAPPENS HERE (to me). I have tried to get it to crash on other sites and have been unable to duplicate it there. It happens here when I an switching between pages in a thread. Also get some weird formatting when going to "New Posts". Workarounds are to either click New Posts again or even leave the site and come back. Someone indicated they thought it was coming from the embedded advertisements.

retire@40 06-20-2008 04:03 PM

I'm using Firefox/2.0.0.14 and am having no problems lately.

I'm also still using an old DOS program on Windows XP with no problems.

Sometimes it pays to be on the trailing edge.

REWahoo 06-20-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OAG (Post 672357)
It did not happen even with the Betas, RC1, 2 & 3 and it ONLY HAPPENS HERE (to me).

Same with me. I've experienced the problem only here, never on any other site.

Notmuchlonger 06-20-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REWahoo (Post 672359)

Same. I get lockups for 2 to 15 seconds. Random no particular reason. No problems at other sites.

DRiP Guy 06-20-2008 05:06 PM

I've been all over the 'net with the new FF3.0, and not had any issues until coming here, and I have had blank page hang also.

I think the idea it has to do with an advert looking for cached content that isn't there, or that is adblocked or something is plausible.

Again, only seems to happen here.

boilerman 06-20-2008 08:43 PM

Closing Firefox and then restarting fixed it for me. It's the first thning mentioned on the Firefox 3 troubleshooting page.

cute fuzzy bunny 06-20-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REWahoo (Post 672359)

Same here, and I do get around a little.

So far its good this evening...

cute fuzzy bunny 06-20-2008 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The screenshot of doom...

Sue J 06-23-2008 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It just happened to me for the first time and I got a screen cap. When I hovered the mouse over the Firefox tab, it gave more info for the link, but that did not show up in the screen cap. You can see I wasn't trying to go to User CP, I was going to the "bug bite" thread.