What are the pros and cons of using Folio fn?
Don't know anything about it, but a glance at their fees was enough to put me off. $29 a month membership fees?, $25 per year per retirement account? $30 wire transfer fee (that's double anything I ever paid for a wire).
No thanks, seems a tad rich for me.
But, I'm happy with owning individuals stocks and many are not, and this sort of seems like something slightly below holding individual stocks while not exactly being a mutual fund. Plus it looks like there is some sort of hand holding that goes on as well. It might be a good idea for some folks, but I would do my best not to incur too many of their fees.
1. no-commission trading for a flat fee of $29 per month.
2. ease of setting up a personal fund via Fio Wizard to match your goals and time horizon.
3. portfolio can be setup by dollar amount and distributed among securities, bonds, and cash.
4. portfolio can be rebalanced at any time.
5. higher tax efficiency than active mutual funds.
In short, a lot of flexibility and ability to tweak your portfolio frequently.
- the fee of $29 per month even you do not trade.
- you have to manage your own portfolio and to conduct your own research.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:01 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.