Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Don't drink

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • What?

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HFWR

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Ha's "Cosmo" post got me [-]drinking[/-] thinking about that most ancient of mind-altering substances: alcohol!

So, whatallya have?

For me, I usually drink beer, but enjoy the occasional glass of pinot noir or bourbon and branch on ice.

Margaritas are good, but give me inextinguishable heartburn. Apple martinis will knock you on your assets, but are too sweet for normal abuse. Gin, blech... Irish coffee or brandy on a cold, winters night.

Tequila shots when I'm feeling masochistic... Other shots I've been known to shoot: Washington Apples, Buttery Nipples... :D

Last edited:
Can't help ya, gave it up over 13 years ago.

I used to drink beer and got terrible headaches the next day so I ended it. Funny thing that when I switched to non alcoholic beer I got the same headaches.

Since I don't drink (alcohol), can I vote for diet Barq's root beer? :D

When I did drink, I never drank much but I guess I liked rose or zinfandel.

Yes we are!! Frank is, too, which is one out of many things we have in common.

Most anything except gin. Get the funnel...

Like em all one way or another. Prefer whiskey or tequila straight. Everything in moderation ;)

We were up in heaven,
But now we're in the mud,
When we fell off the wagon,
You should have heard the thud,

We were so superior,
But that was just a phase,
We got high on life,
For 14 boring days

Loudin Wainwright III

Tequila shots when I'm feeling masochistic...
I decided I was too old for Tequila shots a few years before I decided I was to old to get shot at anymore. The devil lives inside the cactus juice. He and I partied together on many an occasion, most of which I severely regretted the next day.

I was at a work event one night with a woman friend who is a professional alcoholic (with a hollow leg) when we encountered an ice luge. She went for tequila and I wimped out and did vodka. She sneered at me, but after our tenth or eleventeenth shot, it was me steering her from walking into walls and people rather than the other way around.

Another lesson I learned from a work gathering (a hard drinking lot we were) was never drink the cheap vodka. I'm not sure how much Popov's* I drank that night (enough apparently, according to giggling reports the next day, that I delighted in dancing with every ugly chick in the place and tried to recruit them for "My Harem") but it felt like about ten gallons when it reappeared later. Absolut costs more, but they use a distilling process that weeds out the nasty fusel oils. It's a much sweeter party with Absolut, and in the morning I don't feel like someone buried a hatchet in my head.

absoluttexas.jpeg

* http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=popov

(enough apparently, according to giggling reports the next day, that I delighted in dancing with every ugly chick in the place and tried to recruit them for "My Harem")

Never done that before... :p

When I was nineteen, me and the buds were out on the town, swilling to-killya, when a gorgeous babe stuck her tongue in my ear and told me "she wanted me". As I recall, she ended up worshipping the porcelain god, and I ended up in the bushes out front! No one got lucky that night...

And my twentieth birthday party, complete with trashcan punch, was another one of those "I'd have gotten laid if I hadn't been puking" nights...

Another night that ended badly was when four of us killed a gallon of Early Times in the time it took to play two games of euchre...

But yeah, after years of drinking "Pepe Lopez" and "Aztec", I can't do cheap tequila anymore. I swear...

I think I poisoned myself on YJ one night. Barely made it to work the next day. On second shift...

Like what, 152 proof?

My cousins still laugh at me. Terrible bleh. Damn I hate this thread now. :p

I like any drink that's either red-ish or pink-ish and has a little umbrella in it. So, that would include marguaritas , daiquiris and the always popular white-ish pina coladas. Maybe I should start drinking what I can spell (e.g. rum and coke). I got that right, right?

Last edited:
I like them all (except gin). But I've become addicted to good single malt scotches. The peatier the better. Luckily I don't drink much, because this stuff is expensive!

Wine nowadays...

Camped out with a girlfriend in Colorado, brought some Everclear and cranberry juice along. I couldn't drink the stuff but she got DESTROYED! Instead of getting lucky I was holding her up out of the dirt so she could pee. :p I guess women can pee standing up, too!

Anybody drink Crazy Horse? Only thing I could afford at times when living in Hawaii. We were a cruel bunch. If someone was broke and still wanted to drink, we'd say, "Well, I've got an extra $1.99....that'll get you 64 oz of the crazy horse!" >:D The rest of us would be drinking happily while that person (sometimes me) would be "taking their medicine".

Back
Top Bottom