Search Function

travelover

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I know that from time to time there has been grousing about the usefulness of the search function on this forum. is there a way to incorporate the Google site specific search tool into the forum's search option? :confused:

Google Site Search

I know that from time to time there has been grousing about the usefulness of the search function on this forum. is there a way to incorporate the Google site specific search tool into the forum's search option? :confused:
Google Site Search
I sure hope so. A local board has "Google Custom Search" integrated right into its vBulletin "Search" drop-down menu.

HawaiiThreads.com - The Hawaii Forum

Andy, TechAdmin, what's the feasibility?

Just go to Google, put this into the search bar, then book mark it.

<search terms here> site:www.early-retirement.org

That will search only the site listed. Some browsers let you set up search boxes for 'search this site', I've got that in Camino

-ERD50

You can implement it on your own. In your browser search box for google, type "site:www.early-retirement.org search" where 'search' is what you want to look for.

Once you've typed it in once, when you do it on subsequent searches it'll pop up what you typed before and you can erase the old search and type in a new one. Easy.

I agree that one can do it themselves, as described.

This kind of argument never seems to work for me when I explain to my wife that a given appliance really doesn't need to be replaced / repaired - just jiggle this and smack that to get it to work. ^-^

Maybe it'd help things along if it were suggested that using successful google site searches would improve the sites google ratings?

I have no idea if it would or not, but hell, I took a shot at it... :)

Done. You can now access the Google search from the Search drop down (see attachment).

Attachments

• goog search.jpg
    goog search.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 2
Beauty. Fast AND effective.

Now, if only the American Fund managers were anywhere near as good.

Maybe you should charge all new users 5.75%? ;)

Thanks Andy! I think this will improve the quality of new posts - minimizing subjects have already been hashed and rehashed.

This kind of argument never seems to work for me when I explain to my wife that a given appliance really doesn't need to be replaced / repaired - just jiggle this and smack that to get it to work. ^-^

A time-honored troubleshooting technique!

Or, try reversing the plug...

Back
Top Bottom