Shut Up, Ben!

Investors, sitting around waiting for the gov't to tell them how bad they have it.

Let's get Greenspan back on a podium somewhere to act like he knows what we need. :)

-CC

Unfortunately, the markets have been like this for several months. Someone sneezes at a brokerage firm back in the spring or summer and ALL markets (stocks, bonds) would start tanking.

I am grateful to this day to have minimized our losses for the year. Having bailed on most of our stock investments back in the spring and the rest a few weeks ago has probably saved us somewhere between $100K and $125K in additional losses on all of our investments (401(k) and taxable).

Only problem now is deciding when to hop back on the rollercoaster. Maybe my wife and I are better suited to the merry-go-round. :)

Only problem now is deciding when to hop back on the rollercoaster.

I shifted 10% of my assets from money market to mid and small cap stock index today at noon, good for todays closing price. Looks like we might be down 4% for the day, so maybe it was a good choice. I have about 20% more to shift, maybe next week.

The good part about Greenspan was that it took experts about 48 hours to decode what he said into something comprehensible.

The bad part about Greenspan is that he laid the foundation for a substantial chunk of this mess.

Back
Top Bottom