What is Your Method of Tracking Your Portfolio(s)?

Quicken and Excel. Quicken for the big picture on net worth tracking and daily budgeting. Excel for tracking dividend income and big expenditure savings..taxes, son's college, house repairs, etc. The portfolio is fairly simple so don't need a major tool for that.

Wow, some of you do a lot! OK, I went to Vanguard where I have the most assets and set up my accounts for Portfolio Watch, which is great because I can see up-to-date info on my accounts. However, I also want something that:
  • gives me a pie chart (or some other visual) to tell me about my entire asset allocation
  • something that tracks each fund I have investment in to show changes in the price over a period of time
  • something that shows how my portfolio has changed/tanked over time like in a line graph (for example I can easily go to a specific date to find out what the entire portfolio was compared to today... ewww)
But I'm looking for something where all the info can be at one place, not where I have to go to one site for one thing and another site for another piece of info. And in some fashion like Portfolio Watch where it doesn't require lots of data entry and is easy to use.

For example, I just set up something in Yahoo Finance where I input 5 funds for my trial run. Looks like I can input how many shares I own as well, but I want an easy way to look at the entire portfolio over time based on the info.

I also don't have Quicken and Excel, and my hands hurt a lot, so that's why it's hard for me to do a lot of data entry, especially the initial part to get started.

Sorry, I'm not sure if I'm asking for something too complicated or not. Thanks!

However, I also want something that:

I think that this exists. It was mentioned how to get it free earlier in this thread.

Wow, some of you do a lot! OK, I went to Vanguard where I have the most assets and set up my accounts for Portfolio Watch, which is great because I can see up-to-date info on my accounts. However, I also want something that:
  • gives me a pie chart (or some other visual) to tell me about my entire asset allocation
  • something that tracks each fund I have investment in to show changes in the price over a period of time
  • something that shows how my portfolio has changed/tanked over time like in a line graph (for example I can easily go to a specific date to find out what the entire portfolio was compared to today... ewww)
But I'm looking for something where all the info can be at one place, not where I have to go to one site for one thing and another site for another piece of info. And in some fashion like Portfolio Watch where it doesn't require lots of data entry and is easy to use.

For example, I just set up something in Yahoo Finance where I input 5 funds for my trial run. Looks like I can input how many shares I own as well, but I want an easy way to look at the entire portfolio over time based on the info.

I also don't have Quicken and Excel, and my hands hurt a lot, so that's why it's hard for me to do a lot of data entry, especially the initial part to get started.

See my post above regarding cutting and pasting your Yahoo list into Excel for a keyboard-free approach to data entry.

I believe Google has a free online spreadsheet that works like Excel, so maybe you can utilize that.

Update your file once a month this way and save each month as a different file. This way you can go back and get historical amounts for any report you want. I've got electronic monthly files from the early 90s and this system works very well for me.

Back
Top Bottom