Early retired in Phoenix

permabull

Confused about dryer sheets
Greetings all...

Having retired early in 2004 at the age of 52 I was excited to stumble on this forum.

Hopefully there's something that I can contribute while learning from the real smart ones that are already present here.

I know a bit about stocks, mutual funds, fixed income, and real estate. There's also a few lessons rattling around in my head about people management, leadership, and corporate politics. :whistle:

Thanks for reading and all the best to ya!
Doug

Hi Doug and WELCOME! You sound like you'll fit in just fine. Happy reading and ask questions when you want and join in the fun as well.

East Valley Zonie here where bouts are you?

Hi Doug and WELCOME! You sound like you'll fit in just fine. Happy reading and ask questions when you want and join in the fun as well.

East Valley Zonie here where bouts are you?

Hey Connie...Thanks!
...up North near Anthem...been here in the area for 4 years now and still lovin' it!

That is nice over there especially once retired from the commute! What brought you here? I came here in the mid 70's from Michigan for love which was great while it lasted. Stay for the warmth and the kids. I forgot how to drive in snow and we don't need to shovel our sunshine!

the sunshine was it! When I quit working it was time to get out of the Pacific NW rain!

I pulled a 3 year stint in Seattle for that nasty 80's buzzword "RE-ENGINEERING". I enjoy visiting there and get worn out here in the summer but overall I will take the heat! I can afford the AC and hate the mildew feeling.

I used to spend quite a bit of time in the Phoenix area. Between marriages, I met an RN in Phoenix and we dated for a few years. She's still there, & we're friends, though we both moved on and I'm married to someone else. Just friends, I swear!

Anyhow, I really enjoyed the whole area, it's so easy to get to other great places from there too. Back then I could fly from Austin TX round-trip to/from PHX for like $75 on Southwest or America West. They were constantly having fare wars.

In more recent years, I've made a number of work-related trips to Tucson. That's a cool area too, obviously smaller than Phoenix but with lots to do in easy driving distance as well.

I doubt I'll retire out there, due to my kids all living back in the southern US, and our families (mine & DW's) in Texas & North Carolina. However, there's no doubt we'll be doing the snowbird thing from time to time. I really do like the southwest, especially AZ, and my wife does too. I brought her out on one of my business trips to Tucson last year and she loved it. So...we'll be back.;)

Hi and welcome

I am in Central Phoenix, good place to retire, especially as housing has gotten cheaper.

Greetings from Higley. I can remember not all that long ago that the Anthem community was just being announced as a new development. But I can say the same thing about Fountain Hills or just about anywhere else in the metro area. I have been here a long time. Not exctly the same place but still a great place.

Welcome, from another East Mesan. Az is a great place. Sounds like we need some place on the forum to arrange local meetups. I'm at Guadalupe and Crismon. Not retired yet, but 5 years out, so it would be cheap beer and hotdogs.

Sonny

Welcome, although I do not live in AZ, I am writing this from my sister's place in Jerome. I retiired last year @ 57 and have been traveling a lot. I like northern AZ (Prescott, Sedona, Flagstaff & Payson) and recently enjoyed Tuscon & Bisbee but I don't quite get Phoenix, too hot & spread out for me. but there must be some draw as there a re lots of people there and maybe more on the way. A good place for those who don't like winter? The recent housing price adjustments would help a bit for cost of living.

Back
Top Bottom