Thoughts on this portfolio

LRAO

Recycles dryer sheets
It's been a while since I've posted. I hope everyone is doing well.

I'm looking to simplify my portfolio so that I can simply focus on growing my business. I would like a portfolio where I can just simply contribute money monthly and keep the rebalancing to a minimum.

At this point I'm thinking:

95% of my money in VWELX
5% in VIPSX

I have my 3 months of expenses stashed away in a MM. Any extra cash I have above and beyond that it saved until I hit a dollar amount, and then it goes into the best CD for me at that time.

I do have some exposure to real estate in the form of a triplex rental property, so I think that eliminates my need to own the REIT index (or does it?).

And, finally, because it's going to be asked: 31 years old, no dependents.

Thanks for you time.

About 80% of this money is tax-deferred (solo 401k, IRA, Roth IRA). So as of right now 20% of this money is "taxable" and of course I'm looking to grow that pot.

I have both a Roth and a regular IRA. Depends on the year whether I'm in Roth IRA land or regular IRA land.

Thanks again.

Since Wellington is composed of both stocks and bonds, it would be more tax efficient to have the 20% taxable portion in just stock index funds. (You don't want bonds in a taxable account because they are taxed at a higher rate than stock capital gains and dividends)

You might consider just going with one of the target retirement funds in your tax deferred accounts and something like TSM in your taxable. You don't really need additional REIT exposure.

Follow up:

I can't find any information as to whether Wellington would satisfy my desire for some international exposure.

As it stands right now, I looking at breaking it up as such:

80% Wellington
10% Tax-Managed TSM in my taxable account
10% TIPS

Thanks again.

Follow up:

I can't find any information as to whether Wellington would satisfy my desire for some international exposure.

As it stands right now, I looking at breaking it up as such:

80% Wellington
10% Tax-Managed TSM in my taxable account
10% TIPS

Thanks again.

Does this leave you with bonds in a taxable account?

Back
Top Bottom