Hi - from North GA

pinetree64

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi, My name is Tim and though I am not retired, I had been contemplating it for a couple years. I will be 100% debt free within three years. I have funded my 5yo's 529 (though it is going in reverse) and my investment income matches my salary. Some income though is in retirement accounts and I am 43. That being said, I am sick to my stomach with the paper loss I have accumulated. I try to view my investments like a "rental" property, the value of the property will fluctuate but I still get income. This has gotten very hard. I own a couple acres of river/reservoir land for the future, but I sort of wish I had paid off my house with that money. Can't do anything about it now.

Besides the socialization of our nation, my main concerns are investing and health insurance.

I am believer in indexing (yes - I use ETFs) and asset allocation.

Welcome Tim! There are a lot of wise folks on this board with great perspective on investing and planning. Feel free to ask questions and join in the discussions.

Hello Tim,
I'm in Smyrna, GA. and really like N. Ga. - Ellijay and Dahlonega - are you nearby?

I am "map" North but not North for someone in GA. I live in Cumming, work in Alpharetta.

Welcome Tim - from a former "almost" North Georgian. I grew up in Smyrna.
I am "map" North but not North for someone in GA. I live in Cumming, work in Alpharetta.
It's been years since I've been back, but when I was growing up I remember Forsythe County as being about where I would classify where "North Georgia" started. That was the 70's though, when it was just a few small towns and a zillion pine trees. I guess that has changed.

Back
Top Bottom