State Street Global Advisors -- Any good Index Mutual Funds?

bank5

Recycles dryer sheets
My wife's 401k has all SSgA mutual funds. I was looking through them last night and there didn't seem to be too many good options. The only one I found with a low expense ratio was SVSPX (.18%). We might put all of her 401k in that fund but diversify with our IRA accounts (Vanguard) and my 403b (Fidelity).

Are there any other SSgA funds that we should consider?

My wife's 401k has all SSgA mutual funds. I was looking through them last night and there didn't seem to be too many good options. The only one I found with a low expense ratio was SVSPX (.18%). We might put all of her 401k in that fund but diversify with our IRA accounts (Vanguard) and my 403b (Fidelity).

Are there any other SSgA funds that we should consider?

Most 401ks have alimited choices. Post a list of what she CAN buy and I'll try to help........;)

She has most of these available - SSgAFunds - View All

Not a lot of options for low cost index mutual funds so we'll probably stick to svspx for her 401k and diversify elsewhere.

I agree - stick with that SP500 index fund. If you have an allocation to money markets - their Expense Ratios are fairly low on those - 0.24% for some.

We have this same issue of crappy fund choices with DW's Health Savings account. The best fund in there is OGEAX, JP Morgan's SP 500 index fund at 0.46%. Everything else they offer at JP Morgan is around 1% or higher. So I use it for the large cap allocation.

Back
Top Bottom