AssetAllocation & Portfolio Tracking Tool

Manji

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi,
I'm interested in DoItYourself to understand & then try myself if It seems possible.May be starting with smaller size % of portfolio.
Any Suggestions for Asset Allocation & Rebalancing Software Tool for
Portfolio tracking ?
Any one using DIY type Package,Brokerage site or Link ?
Thanks.
Manji

If you look below, there are some related threads. May I suggest you take a look at them because they often have the same question asked, but the answers are also there.

Also, if you go to this forum and sorts posts on number of views (click on "views") you will see in the top 5 most-viewed threads an Asset Allocation tutorial which has some hopefully helpful info. :)

IMO? Don't Do it! LOL
Most people are there Own Worse Enemy On Investing and Managing their Money!
Don't care if you want to play with Index or Active managed Funds..
Don't care How Cheap they are in Fees or if they have Load Fee's

I gave up that game yrs ago ( 99') after playing with Both Index and AMF funds..and just moved most of my $ into what 9 out of 11 Investment Firms and 6 ChFP's HATE> Active Managed Balanced Funds.. I started with 2 of them and now own 4 of them.. Past 9 yrs? Ave 7.8% apy..

Don't need to add More $ to them anymore and thus Just been adding some Bond Funds...
Owning them is the same as hiring a Firm.. you pay both ave of 1-2% in fees, but you can ck a Balanced fund past performance for 10 yrs before Giving them your $, unlike most Firms and these Financial Planners won't..

Balanced Funds Change Asset Allocations and Rebalanced All the Time thru-out the Yr ., while you can't..
What will decide what Kind to Own? Depends on your risk Tolerance and How Much or Little $ you have.. If have more and don't need To make as Much as you can? You go with the conservative one's Like PRPFX , HSTRX, or GRSPX.( I have been 75% in them since having More than Enough $ to retire on) ave 50/50 to 20/80 mixes.

Modertate ones like OAKBX, VWINX. Will Do better in the LT.(.Ave 60/40 to 50/50 mix)
Aggressive ones like: DODBX, PRWCX, WMRIX or VWELX. Might and Might Not Do better in the LT.. Most are ave 70/30 mixes..

And Rebalancing Never Worked for me.. It forced me to Take $ out of Funds doing very well and did so for the following several yrs and Put $ in Lousy one's , that stayed lousy..Only worked With equity btwn Bond Funds and even then it's questionable..

I think Jack Boggle and his Gang devised Rebalancing to feeD $ to Spread the Wealth and Create more Fees to Vanguard when you do rebalanced of Sell and buy..just like all the others that advocate it..They don't make $ if you just Hold it..and let it run..

Those balanced Funds? Allowed me to retire 10 yrs earlier vs if i had kept Managing it on my own and I had about 25% of my $ with a Investment Firm and they outperformed them so much? I fired them..

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your comments & feedback.
Manji.

Back
Top Bottom