back to work medical coverage questions

stargazer08

Recycles dryer sheets
I found the answer to the question I posted below here
http://www.treas.gov/offices/public-affairs/hsa/faq_eligibility.shtml#hsa7
Looks like I can only have the HSA or employer insurance...not both.

DH and I retired in July 2007. We purchased a HSA health insurance policy (10G ded) listing DH as the primary insured and myself as spouse.

For many reasons, I have gone back to work. I am currently employed through a temp agency but it is highly likely I'll be hired on as a permanent employee. I know they offer insurance to permanent employees so I'm trying to think ahead and decide what to do about health insurance. From what I can gather searching the internet, I really can't tell if I can use the HSA as the primary policy and the company insurance as a secondary (basically use it to cover the ded on primary policy). I also have no idea how much (if any) employees pay for this insurance which will also have to factor in to my decision. This is what I have found so far on this subject:

Account owner cannot have any other health "1st dollar" insurance coverage. 1st dollar coverage includes a primary health insurance plan other than the HDHP, Tricare, Medicare, FSA, and HRA coverage.

Eventually I'll re-retire but for the next 3-5 years minimum I believe I'll need to work. Does anyone have any information or possibly point me to a website that might provide the answers I'm seeking? I'd hate to give up the HSA coverage in fear of developing a condition that would warrant an automatic denial. Naturally, I'm healthy at the moment but there are no guarantees in life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom