Put in my retirement notice yesterday

lightwaves

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi All,

Been monitoring and occasionally commenting on various threads for the past few months. Decided to introduce myself now that I gave my retirement notice to my employer yesterday AM. :greetings10:

Last day will be late July. Was a bit nervous before the meeting but not too bad. Been thinking about this move for months, with the usual worries that most people have on this board. Finally decided to go for it a bit earlier than I thought. A big, stressful project was going to come to me in August and I decided that work stress will not be a part of my life going forward.:LOL:

Daughter is leaving for college in the fall so now I can spend a bit more time with her and then get out on the road and travel. Want to take advantage of the last minute travel deals with my SO. She will be working for a couple years more on a part time basis so we should have additional income for a while. Will live off our assets with no pension. Have run the number through several online calculators and all say we are good to go. Only the usual concern about health insurance. Hope costs will be contained going forward with new health care reform actions.

Looking forward to reading and posting here in the future with fellow early retirees and wannabees.

Welcome. It is gonna be better than you think.

Hi All,

Been monitoring and occasionally commenting on various threads for the past few months. Decided to introduce myself now that I gave my retirement notice to my employer yesterday AM. :greetings10:

Last day will be late July. Was a bit nervous before the meeting but not too bad. Been thinking about this move for months, with the usual worries that most people have on this board. Finally decided to go for it a bit earlier than I thought. A big, stressful project was going to come to me in August and I decided that work stress will not be a part of my life going forward.:LOL:

Daughter is leaving for college in the fall so now I can spend a bit more time with her and then get out on the road and travel. Want to take advantage of the last minute travel deals with my SO. She will be working for a couple years more on a part time basis so we should have additional income for a while. Will live off our assets with no pension. Have run the number through several online calculators and all say we are good to go. Only the usual concern about health insurance. Hope costs will be contained going forward with new health care reform actions.

Looking forward to reading and posting here in the future with fellow early retirees and wannabees.
Great! Half the battle is signing the papers and making the announcement. The other half is followthrough. I encounter large anxiety about missing fellow workers two days before my retirement party at work. Yesterday was my last full day with the party. About a couple of hundred employees came to the farewell party to see me off. I felt so honored. Today, the day after the private party last night, I feel much relief. I'm so excited to get this moving. :dance:

Its great that you are able to retire at 55. You have done it 5 years before me. Congratulations! And welcome to the land of FIRE! :D

Thanks for the congratulations.

Budman,

Glad you enjoyed your party and made it through the anxieties associated with leaving your co-workers. Quite an honor to be given such a sendoff. Now you are ready to build your new life!

I have not been with my company for that long so do not have the problem associated with missing long time coworkers. For me it will be more of the day to day work that I have been doing during the week for 30+ years without break. That routine is so engrained in me that I think it will take some time to adjust.

Still having a hard time believing I pulled the plug, but when my last day at work comes, it will be very real.

Back
Top Bottom