Hi Everyone, I'm Amy, nearly debt free

Badger13

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi all,

I just found out about this forum -- it's very cool.

At this point my partner and I are paying off our house, and I have a little $$ to go on my car payment. I've found that living simply is a great solution to my past money problems. Lowering my expenses and raising my income have been two important lessons.

I'm 42, and I love the work I do (I work from home) so retirement isn't really the issue for me. It's more like tweaking my lifestyle for more fun, and more income. The expenses are about as low as they can be.

Looking forward to learning more with everyone here.

Congrats on the debt free. It is an accomplishment that many cannot share.
Welcome to the forum.
Ithaca, NY? Ever eat at the Moosewood?

Free to canoe

Welcome! Ithaca - Nice place to be, horrible to try to get there. I worked there for 18 years. Fave restaurant, David's on North Trip. Like me, its long gone.
Kayak on...

BUM
at the beach

Hi Amy, welcome. Upstate is generally lovely and we always enjoy our trips there.

I can understand the desire to pay off the house, but make sure you have enough cash put by for emergencies, long term expenditures, etc.

Hi everyone,
Yes, I agree brewer, it's important to have cash put aside. I learned that the hard way too.
We're being careful about paying it off. Not going crazy. Just slowly getting it done. So far we're about 14 years ahead on a 30 year mortgage, making extra monthly principal payments.

As for Moosewood -- yes. It's not my favorite restaurant (Viva Taqueria is), but guests who come to visit always want to go to Moosewood.

Back
Top Bottom