Any recs on free video editing software?

Cb

Recycles dryer sheets
I've used some great shareware audio editing apps before (Audacity & Reaper) and would like to know if there are similarly EZ-for-the-novice video editing apps available on the internets.

<SallyStruthersVoice>CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP!?!?!?</SallyStruthersVoice>

tia,

Cb :cool:

I use the Movie Maker that comes with Windows. Nothing fancy, but it has worked for my limited needs.

I have 4 or 5 commercial software but always use Virtualdub, a freeware, to edit home video. Its main advantage is speed and reliability. I use it mainly for editing, video enhancing, and "deshaking" using an freeware add-on called Deshaker. This last feature is truly unique. After editing, I then use commercial software to do the usual DVD authoring.

Note that Virtualdub handles various AVI formats provided you have the requisite codecs installed. There is a version that can handle MPG but it is limited.

Thanks to all...there doesn't seem to be a clear front-runner at the present time.

Cb :-\

I know you're looking for free, but cheap is pretty close to free... right? I like the DivX tools. You get a lot of easy to use tools for $19.99.

If your DVD player, TV, etc. has the DivX logo (I think most do), you can usually plug in a flash drive or a CD/DVD with the DivX files you created on it, and it will play (you don't have to author and burn it as a DVD).

There is a free trial if you're interested. DivX Author | DivX.com

I use Windows Movie Maker (came pre-installed on both my computers). It's pretty basic, but for what I do with it, it is just fine.

Back
Top Bottom