Any computer geeks to fix this?

DMGO

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hello, I have a computer glitch unique to this site. Most all web pages come right up, after clicking on them in 3 seconds or less, but THIS one, and all others at the Early Retirement threads take more than 25 seconds to load. I've checked everything I can think of, and can't find anything wrong. Anyone else having this problem? Same situation on both of my computers. I use the cheapest DSL from AT&T ($10 per month)

Hello, I have a computer glitch unique to this site. Most all web pages come right up, after clicking on them in 3 seconds or less, but THIS one, and all others at the Early Retirement threads take more than 25 seconds to load. I've checked everything I can think of, and can't find anything wrong. Anyone else having this problem? Same situation on both of my computers. I use the cheapest DSL from AT&T ($10 per month)

I noticed it was really slow yesterday...I think it may be some of the "active" graphics on some of the ads?? TomCat

DMGO, what browser are you using (type and version)? The older Internet Explorer browsers (IE 7 and older) are very slow at rendering the right hand column. If you are using an older browser then you might want to disable the right hand column and see if that helps increase the page loading speeds.

DMGO, what browser are you using (type and version)? The older Internet Explorer browsers (IE 7 and older) are very slow at rendering the right hand column. If you are using an older browser then you might want to disable the right hand column and see if that helps increase the page loading speeds.

I'm using IE8 that I downloaded from MSN last week, but this site, and all associated pages were VERY slow before I upgraded. I thought the IE8 would solve my problem, but apparently not. I think the next step is to upgrade my internet provider to a higher speed. I don't like to spend more $, but that might be the answer.

Started up a new Windows 7 system over the weekend. I was sitting there wondering if Firefox install would be best choice. I went a-searchin' and found a list of browsers ranked by performance. IE7 and IE8 were at the bottom. Safari was near the top. I installed Safari, and it is definitely faster. I'll have to find that link for you.

BTW, I went back to the classic view, without the side panel. I think that will make a difference for you.

I got tired of waiting and waiting on firefox and ie. Chrome is much faster even with the ads. I'm hoping for a good ad blocker soon.

Back
Top Bottom