Young dreamer at new personal milestone!

dessert

Full time employment: Posting here.
Well, today is an important milestone for me. 365 days to go.......till ER.
Now I feel like a forum member as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Some of you have been there and some will not be here for quite some time but for me, it's an important milestone. I have not felt like I was getting close until now. Every time I do an "annual" task at w**k now, it feels great knowing that it will be the last time I do that. I am writing goals for the last time and finalizing performance appraisals for the last time. I received my last appraisal and worried about my last performance factor.
It just feels great to know the "final date" and to know that I am comfortable with it and looking forward to ER.
When I joined the forum in 2007 I was like others who didn't know if I was on track to ER or not. I have learned a lot from the members here and have become confident that all is well for my situation.
Anyway, I just wanted to share my elation and not let a good milestone go by without celebrating a little. :dance:

364 days and counting.

Congrats dessert! Ain't it a wonderful feeling, to know the day? Have a fun, fast and final year at work.

Coach

Congrats on reaching such a significant milestone. I think you may be surprised at how quickly the next year will pass by.

There's nothing like having a firm date. Congrats, and may the next year fly by for you!

Thanks Coach, Dangermouse and Onward....you guys hit the nail right on the head.
Just knowing the date is such a significant thing that it is hard to explain to someone that hasn't been there. I also hope that the year goes by quickly.
I am prepared to work this last year so it shouldn't be too hard. I've got a good J*b with a good company and have had a good career and have no complaints.
I know that it is time to go and will enjoy the last year there. Been there, done that, let's move on.

Congrats Dessert. Looks like all you need now is some countdown timer to show how many days until the big day.:D

Dessert, congratulations enjoy the countdown!

Congratulations Dessert !!! Savor all those "last" work activities - I know how good it feels as you knock them off one by one and see the light at the end of tunnel getting bigger day by day. (and this time you know that light is really the end and not just some g*t with a flashlight bringing you more work :ROFLMAO:)

I swear I get a tingle as well when I hear of a retirement countdown! Congrats dessert!
smiley-happy035.gif

We love ER countdowns! I was wondering who was going to take over after W2R spoiled the fun...:D

Congratulations!

PS Are you going to change your signature line every day?

Congratulations Dessert !!! Savor all those "last" work activities - I know how good it feels as you knock them off one by one and see the light at the end of tunnel getting bigger day by day. (and this time you know that light is really the end and not just some g*t with a flashlight bringing you more work :ROFLMAO:)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's a good one Alan!

We love ER countdowns! I was wondering who was going to take over after W2R spoiled the fun...:D

Congratulations!

PS Are you going to change your signature line every day?

No one could do as good a job as W2R did with her countdown. I'll do my best though. And yes I will change my signature line each time I enter the forum. I've got to create that signature first though.:whistle:

Congratulations! Being able to see other people's progress is one of the best things about this forum. I can't imagine what it will feel like to only be 1 year out (we are still 5+) but I love hearing about it!

Congratulations! Being able to see other people's progress is one of the best things about this forum. I can't imagine what it will feel like to only be 1 year out (we are still 5+) but I love hearing about it!
Thanks. Yes I remember being 5 years out and it wasn't that long ago. You'll be there before you know it. Just keep preparing so you will be ready when it does arrive. Hey, how about that new signature line? :cool:

Congratulations!!! So very exciting to have a concrete date. Can't wait until we are in the same position.

Congratulations!!! So very exciting to have a concrete date. Can't wait until we are in the same position.
For the longest of times, we talk about RE and visualize it happening maybe next year or the year after that if this happens or that works out etc. When you actually sit down with your spouse and nail down that date, and you both agree that it's the perfect time, it is exciting.
Now you have something that is real and something to really look forward to. I am excited about it.

Good work. :greetings10:

How did you choose February 2, 2011 as the big day?

Good work. :greetings10:

How did you choose February 2, 2011 as the big day?
That's an easy one Milton.....
1. I can only retire on the "last day of the month", hence January 31st.
2. I must work "one day" into the next year to qualify for 6 weeks of vacation that I can either "take" or "sell back".
That equates to "staying employed through January".
Good question though...... :greetings10:

Congratulations!

I especially liked the parts of your post where you are looking at "the last..." of what have always been huge stressors in anyone's career. The whole performance metric culture and internal competition for raises, bonuses, and peer recognition have got to be the WORST factor against and direct cause of what is sadly lacking...good old fashioned teamw*rk.

End of speech...;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom