Check your Prius for a Recall on the brakes.....

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I know a few folks on here have Priuses. There's a recall announced for 270,000 Priuses for bad brakes.............;)

I know a few folks on here have Priuses. There's a recall announced for 270,000 Priuses for bad brakes.............;)

This is the Toyota site for recall information on the accelerator issue

Toyota Recall Information - 2009-2010 Toyota Recall List

you can see if you are affected

Here is the Toyota statement on the Prius brake investigation.

About Toyota | Our News | Updated Statement From Toyota Regarding Prius Brake Issue

looks like it's just the 2010 model and, at this point, is just an NHTSB investigation, not yet a formal recall.

Good thing I plan to drive my current Toyota into the ground, because even though it's a model well before the recall dates, the resale value may be shot anyway...

So weird how something like this made it through. Ive worked in manufacturing all my adult life. The amount of checks that this must have went through. Funny you ask a machinist to hold tight tolerances yet the whole thing is wrong to begin with. Ah engineers we love them.

Funny you ask a machinist to hold tight tolerances yet the whole thing is wrong to begin with. Ah engineers we love them.

Even if the part is designed wrong, it must be made wrong precisely according to specs!:rolleyes:

Else, later we would not know how wrong it was. :LOL:

Even if the part is designed wrong, it must be made wrong precisely according to specs!:rolleyes:

Of course! I remember making bone screws. Funny the things that just kinda slide. :)

Alas I only worked on things that went into peoples bodies. Not a brake that was used to stop a car. :LOL:

"My little Prius does 185*
it took off without me, now I can't drive..."

it's a smash hit, I tell ya :clap:

* in km/hr

Back
Top Bottom