Mister Magoo Drives a Taxi

MasterBlaster

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Aspirants for taxicab licenses in Portsmouth, England, were officially informed by the City Council that application forms are available in other languages or in "audio," "large print" or "Braille." [Daily Telegraph, 1-30-10]

Well it probably contravenes some absolutely ridiculous European law if they don't make it equal opportunity for all. I am sure if they excluded the Braille candidates someone from Poland will manage to sue the UK authorities and make enough out of it to live on for the rest of their life.

Well it probably contravenes some absolutely ridiculous European law if they don't make it equal opportunity for all. I am sure if they excluded the Braille candidates someone from Poland will manage to sue the UK authorities and make enough out of it to live on for the rest of their life.

At the time the news broke I heard a spokesman from Portsmouth City council make a statement on the BBC. He didn't quote a law, just said they decided to exclude no one from applying. Complete waste of money !!

Back
Top Bottom