Hi, Class of 2010 retirees

sn2792

Recycles dryer sheets
I made my first post on the Life after fire board for the class of 2010 and thought I should introduce myself here. I have been lurking for a couple of years and have learned a lot from this site. I am officially retiring from MegaCorp on my 57th birthday July 31st. I have a pension and medical benefits. Medical coverage at this point will cost me nothing for premiums. Youngest DD is gradutating from college in May. DH also works for same Megacorp but is working for 20 more months unless he can't stand it with me at home. he is a year younger than me, so he can stick it out a little longer.

I

Welcome, and I'm sure you are going to enjoy your retirement. You sound as if you have everything lined out financially. I had a few years with my DW ESR'ed and it made a huge difference to me in that she was always home before me and had time to start exploring life after work for both of us.

I currently telecommute most days, so he is used to me being at home, but he is looking forward to me taking care of the things we do on the weekends during the week, so that gives him more free time on the weekends.

I am looking forward to hitting the gym everyday and getting back in shape. No more excuses.

I currently telecommute most days, so he is used to me being at home, but he is looking forward to me taking care of the things we do on the weekends during the week, so that gives him more free time on the weekends.

I am looking forward to hitting the gym everyday and getting back in shape. No more excuses.

That is exactly what DW did, and once I RE'd she had already sussed out the best gym and tried out lots of the classes.

Back
Top Bottom