Hi - I'm Kim

neatokimmo

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi everyone :)

I am a frugal, semi-green, content with what I have 35 yr old single woman with a 3 yr old. I am adopting another kiddo towards the end of this year.

The calculators tell me ER is in my future. I guess I'm here to verify what they say is true lol

Anyway, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, I just thought I'd post and say hi.

Hi Kim, and welcome to the forum!

I admire your plans to adopt -- that's a lot for a single to take on.

It's great to see that you're planning for retirement -- and that the plan is working.

I'll look forward to your posts.

Coach

Hi Kim ,
Welcome ! I was a single Mom in my 30's and I made it to retirement and put two children through college so it can be done !

What is the plan?

Goal? 38 lol

Reality, more like 45.

We live on 1K a month comfortably, house is paid. I've recently started maxing out my 401K. In 2 months after I finish my kitchen remodel I am going to adjust my HSA contribution and beef it up. I'm just now investing the correct way, with as many pretax dollars as I can.

In 2011, I'd like 100% of my salary to go towards medical/dental/401K/school/HSA/taxes and not get a check. I'd like to start pulling our main income from investments and see how that goes. That would be my practice run to see if I can keep things in check.

Hi Kim ,
Welcome ! I was a single Mom in my 30's and I made it to retirement and put two children through college so it can be done !

The college thing - whew that makes me nervous. Not that I don't want DDs to be successful, but hopefully they'll complete their degree at a state school like I did. We have a lottery scholarship that covers most of the tuition for a great local school just 30 minutes away. Almost every degree is offered except engineering (watch them both want to be engineers like my Dad!).

Back
Top Bottom