Could you pass latest citizenship test?

Woohoo, 95 - I get to stay here now I reckon.

I missed the question on how many amendments there were. My knowledge gets pretty shaky on that subject not too far past the Bill of Rights. Glad I didn't have to know anything about amendments to the Texas Constitution - 467 according to Wiki.

Ouch! I only scored 65, and I consider myself a student of history. Time to crack open the Social Studies books again!

Thanks for the quiz. It was fun.

90% here; missed the number of amendments and the chief justice.

85% here. I missed the Chief Justice, the third in command, and the first amendment right questions. interesting, we have British friends who are studying to pass the test. They were telling us how tough some of it was and that they didn't think most of the people here could pass. I thin they may be right. But I might pass it!

I got 90%. Missed the date of the constitution and original states questions...

Got and 85 also...

Missed the date of Constitution, original state and President during WWI...

I was pretty sure I had missed two of these... it was interesting...

65%. Better than I expected.

I got 85%, but I guessed on a few. I missed the first line of the Constitution, number of amendments and the Chief Justice. DOH!

95% woo hoo! I misread question 6 and got it wrong. Guess I still get to keep my citizenship!

The old citizenship questions around 2003 were nowhere near as hard as these.

95%. I didn't remember who the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court was (apparently I knew his name was John somebody-or-other, though). :LOL:

Seriously, if we had to learn most of these things to get through school, I think that legal immigrants should have to learn them too. They can forget just like we can, after decades have passed, but when their memories are refreshed they will remember just as we do.

I got 85%, which was better than I expected. I just have a terrible memory for details like this.

The thing is, most of us would study for a test like this if we needed to pass. I assume anyone serious about obtaining citizenship would study, too. It would be easier to score well if these details were fresh in our minds.

Hey, I gave the right answer to 70% of the questions! Not that bad for a foreigner!

100 but then I guess on the Maine question.

My mother told me a story about when her father went before a judge to become a U.S. citizen. He went in with two of his children(my uncle and an aunt). The judge asked him how many children he had (Six). He asked about them (all college educated...the two with him were Carnegie Tech students). That was the end of questions from the judge. Citizenship granted! This was back in the late 1930's. He had been prepping for the questioning by studying U.S. history.

Back
Top Bottom