Best smartphone apps.

caninelover

Full time employment: Posting here.
So I just got my droid smartphone last week (HTC Incredible on Verizon). Am looking for everyone to share their favorite apps.

So far for me (as a newbie) I like the free Mileage app on Android. At each fill up I can put in the odometer reading, the gallons filled, and price per gallon! Its very cool. I also like the free Grocery IQ app. I make my shopping list, it also lets you scan barcodes in the grocery aisle to add stuff to your list.

Any other good ones out there I need to download?

I like Google maps and the weather channel's radar map. I also like Shazam to find out the names of songs I hear and don't know. All of mine are on the Blackberry. I use the Opera mini browser as well.

So I just got my droid smartphone last week (HTC Incredible on Verizon).

September 20 I am freed! I'll be switching from T-mobile to Verizon and getting a Droid. The question is, Droid X or HTC Incedible. Any thoughts on the comparison?

As for apps, I've been looking around and there are several websites out there with top ten list of the apps to get. I suggest you google a bit.

Doing, either are fine phones. I looked at both and to me the Droid X was just too big and I didn't like the big bump on the back where the put the camera. But if that size isn't an issue for you, the Droid X is certainly a great phone. Also, I preferred HTC's skin better than Motorola's, but that's just me.

Doing, either are fine phones. I looked at both and to me the Droid X was just too big and I didn't like the big bump on the back where the put the camera. But if that size isn't an issue for you, the Droid X is certainly a great phone. Also, I preferred HTC's skin better than Motorola's, but that's just me.

Thanks. I've also had trouble finding a significant difference between the two. I hear the screen is better and easier to read on the X but the HTC is not as heavy and bulky. Always good to hear other peoples' reports though.

I like:

Hungry! for food shopping
DailyStrip, for comics
Tricorder, for geekness (has a bunch of cool scanning tools)
GPS Status, checks your gps status and shows where the sats are, cool compass too
aCar, for car maint and fill up tracking
Droidlight, a flashlight
mint.com app for Mint.com access
PDAnet, for the ability to tether to a laptop
launcherpro, just got this today and its great!
Swiftkey, good keyboard app
USAA app
weatherbug
skyfire browser
speedtest for testing download speeds and connectivity
Facebook app... well, for facebook!

WiFi OonOff - toggle without switching screens, etc.
LiveList - great checklist program with voice recognition
ShoutOut - texting with voice-to-text
Pandora
StopTimer - timer and stopwatch

Alchemy! A ridiculous game. See how many thing you can create starting with Fire, Air, Water, and Earth. I think I am at 96 out of 270! This is not an app that will make your day easier, save your life, it is a challenge.

I like Abduction, with the little cows. I admit, I only have it on there so DD can listen to the MOOOOOOoooo when the cows fall off the platform.

BerryWeather
SmartBBattery
Genius Medical Diary
What's My
BlackStar
Poynt
Where
Frugalytics
Slacker Radio
Pandora
Radio Companion
iHeartRadio