Online banks with "free" Bill Payment?

bamsphd

Recycles dryer sheets
My local credit union was great. Then they started trying to grow, and spent lots of money on advertisements, and seemed to be focusing more on borrowers than depositors. They eliminated their bank-by-mail envelopes in favor of scanning checks at home, but if you actually read the check scanning agreement you would almost certainly decline. Apparently this past month they have added a 50 cent fee per online bill payment transaction.

So I'm seriously thinking about moving to an online bank.

Any favorites out there, or bad experiences?

Once again, WellsFargo PMA package does it all: Free checks, free bill pay, free brokerage trades, free ATM, free, free, free.

My local credit union was great. Then they started trying to grow, and spent lots of money on advertisements, and seemed to be focusing more on borrowers than depositors. They eliminated their bank-by-mail envelopes in favor of scanning checks at home, but if you actually read the check scanning agreement you would almost certainly decline. Apparently this past month they have added a 50 cent fee per online bill payment transaction.

So I'm seriously thinking about moving to an online bank.

Any favorites out there, or bad experiences?

What about a different credit union?

I have banked with bankdirect.com for over 10 years now and have been very satisfied with them. They have free online bill payment & allow access to transaction records through Quicken. They also have an American Airlines mileage rewards account with no added fees or conditions.

Back
Top Bottom