Your avatar, forum name and signature

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We've done this in the past, but not in a while so I thought it might be interesting. I'll start:

Forum Name: Purron - means "purr on" - a take off on "right on"
Signature: "I purr therefore I am" - my love of kitties and all companion animals is important in my post w*rk life

Avatar: Today's avatar is a photo of beignets , a New Orleans treat.

Forum Name: W2R, shortened from Want2Retire after I retired

Signature: A line from Melville's Moby Dick that has meant a lot to me for over twenty years. It is almost a definition of the spirit of adventure. When read aloud the rhythm of the sentence is reminiscent of the rocking of wooden decks beneath your feet when headed out to sea.

name-self explanatory
Sig: are you sure you want to know?

Ha

Reactions: W2R
For some unknown reason, I always associate you with your original avatar. ;)

Maybe I should bring her back. :D Every now and then I try some different avatars for variety, but that photo of Eva Habermann is one that I really do like.

Last edited:
Avatar....a Comanche arrowhead necklace given to me by someone very special and close to my heart.

Forum Name.....bewitched bothered bewildered am I

Sig....An American Indian quote...author unknown.

Avatar: An F-111 dumping fuel in afterburner. (My first AC out of flight School
Forum Name: South East Asia Call Sign
Sig: self explanatory. Quite often it is after 5 when I post, or at least it feels like it.

Avatar: Hobbes (Calvin & Hobbes) DBF is Calvin, and I am Hobbes
Forum Name: Planning on retiring in 2020 when I "FIRE"
Signature: Make no mistake, my friend, it takes more than money to make men rich. - A. P. Gouthey...Just love this statement...some of the "richest" people I know are not billionaires!

Wow - not until this posting did I realize I passed the 1,000th posting...

Avatar: edelweiss flower, a hint about my origins.
Forum name: FD. Used to be FIREdreamer, but that name was retired when I reached FIRE.
Signature: none at this time.

Well, this is easy:
Who I am and where I'm from.
My current fave picture of me at a music fest.
A great quote that I first heard from our own Nords, regarding being a moderator IIRC.
Fun idea, purr-on!

We've done this in the past, but not in a while so I thought it might be interesting. I'll start:

Forum Name: Purron - means "purr on" - a take off on "right on"
Signature: "I purr therefore I am" - my love of kitties and all companion animals is important in my post w*rk life

Forum name: actually Khan is my cat & the first name that came to mind when registering.
Signature: A line from a song by Kris Kristofferson; & a personal philosophy.

My Avatar is obviously a plate of "dessert".
My forum name came from the idea that dessert is to the meal, as retirement is to the job.
My signature is appropriate for the times I think. It may change later.

I was recently reading a book titled "Comfort Zones" by Elwood N. Chapman and wouldn't you know that there was a statement in the book that actually said "retirement was like having dessert after a good meal". I think the author is a member of this forum!:LOL:

Avatar : woman on a scale I put this on to remind me to keep on track with my weight watching
Name : It's my nick name plus my intials
Signature : none at the moment

Avatar: Krahe (Crow) by Rudi Hurzlmeier.
Forum name: Me
Signature: W.C. Fields makes me laugh out loud

Signature: NONE

Forum name: Some combination of letters and numbers that weren't taken, sort of a vague reference to (Early) RetireD at 50, which was only a round number anyway. Didn't put any thought into it as I only intended to post once anyway (he says, some 7,300 posts later).

Actually, I have a slight aversion to avatars and sigs, as they change to their current version even when looking at some old post when they were different. Sometimes people comment on them, and then the comment is all out of context. But they're fine as decoration, or a mood change or whatever, or something to tie a visual with the name (but if they change often, you lose that connection).

Ha

Ahhh! Elvin Jones of "A Love Supreme" era John Coltrane. I honestly thought it was a boxer. Now I see what I thought was a boxing glove closing in on him is a cymbal!

That's another problem with avatars, they are so small it's tough sometimes to know what they are.

-ERD50

My forum name is an acronym. I change my avatar and signature periodically.

Currently, my avatar is the traditional signpost for the famous Mille Miglia motorcar race in Italy.

Last edited:
Maybe I should bring her back. :D Every now and then I try some different avatars for variety, but that photo of Eva Habermann is one that I really do like.

And Eva is low calorie, too!

Meadbh: powerful redheaded queen in ancient Ireland
Current avatar: retirement nestegg (no interpretation required)
Signature: none

Name: Comes from DW. When DD was born we decided not to call each other "nasties" even when we deserved it. One day DW was mad as a wet hen, not sure what I'd done. Anyway she started with "you, you.. (she was still searching for the right word).. I pointed to DW crawling around on the floor. She came up with "you kumquat". Now a term of mirth.

Signature: A quote that I think is (unfortunately) true.

Avatar: a young shama thrush, snapped in our yard
Name: my name
Signature: my first name

Avatar: obviously a [-]piece[/-] peace sign. Others have been used; a favorite is the BS meter... :whistle:

Name: HFWR, short for Have Funds, Will Retire, a takeoff of the old tv western Have Gun, Will Travel. After hours of [-]drinking[/-] careful consideration, I pulled it out of my ...

Sig: From old forum lore - stupid little kid, and "since 1902"

Attachments

• th_bshit_meter.jpg
    th_bshit_meter.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 182
Avatar: varies from time to time, everything from Purron's cat Bob riding a jackalope to Teddy Roosevelt. Currently a falling anvil warning. Subject to change soon.
Forum name: (second try)... Westernskies reflects my love of the American West and my admiration for the tough, hardworking, independent homesteaders who endured incredible hardships settling the wide-open spaces of the great American frontier.
Signature: varies from time to time. Usually a favorite quote inspired by the current tone of the board, has run the gamut from Thomas Jefferson to MLK.

Avatar: Marvin the Martian ("Oh, look! A furry little Earth creature!), that otherworldly nemesis of Bugs Bunny ("Hey, Doc, ya isn't gonna destroy the Earth, is ya?") Marvin: "Oh, yes, it obstructs my view of Venus!"

Name: a reference to the perennial search for new knowledge.

Signature: a variation on the theme that living well is the best form of revenge. 'Ol Albert got it right with that one.

Back
Top Bottom