Would you Trade Places with Prince William/Kate Middleton?

Would you Trade Places with Prince William/Kate Middleton

• Yes, I would trade places.

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, I would not want to trade places.

Votes: 73 80.2%

• Total voters

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Guys, you could be young again, have sex with Kate Middleton every night, fly helicopters, and probably be king of England.

Ladies, you could fit into a size 6 dress, have a pair of perky dimples, and own 1,000 sets of shoes.

OTOH, your life would be uber-scheduled, with activities and places you had to be almost all the time.

Assume, for the purposes of your decision, that your spouse or significant other is not part of the equation.

To be stuck in a "golden birdcage", not having to want for anything but also having expectations on every moment of my life for the rest of my life (regardless of the good I could do, for others?)

No thanks...

Can we do this on a part time basis, especially with respect to sex with Kate?

In the interest of full disclosure, she is a European size six, which is apparently an American size two.

Kate Middleton squeezes into the size zero debate | Mail Online

SKINNY GIRLS, THEY'RE SO COMPACT
YOU CAN PUT 'EM IN YOUR POCKET, FEED 'EM A SNACK, THOSE SKINNY GIRLS
TAKE 'EM TO A DRIVE-IN, THEY CAN LIVEN UP THE SHOW
NOBODY HAS TO KNOW
AND THEY WON'T SLOW YOU DOWN
YOU CAN PICK 'EM UP OFF THE GROUND
WHEN YOU'RE READY TO GO

SKINNY GIRLS, SKINNY GIRLS, SKINNY GIRLS, SKINNY GIRLS,
I LOVE 'EM I LOVE 'EM I LOVE 'EM I LOVE 'EM (REPEAT TWICE)
SKINNY GIRLS, SKINNY GIRLS, SKINNY GIRLS, SKINNY GIRLS
I LOVE 'EM, I LOVE THOSE SKINNY GIRLS

Alan O'Day (thanks Dr. Demento...)

Guys, you could be young again, have sex with Kate Middleton every night, fly helicopters, and probably be king of England.

Ladies, you could fit into a size 6 dress, have a pair of perky dimples, and own 1,000 sets of shoes.

OTOH, your life would be uber-scheduled, with activities and places you had to be almost all the time.

Assume, for the purposes of your decision, that your spouse or significant other is not part of the equation.

I'd probably trade with anybody who is 29 - - that would be 33 more years of life ahead of me than I presently have. So what if a few of them were taken up with required activities?

I would love to just magically have Kate's figure, too.

When it comes to sleeping with Prince William, I would have to just close my eyes and think of England. He is so unappealing. I'm sure I would be expected to bear children (there goes the figure! :eek:) but I would have lots of nannies so that would help.

Maybe I could win over the press by giving 999 pairs of shoes to the poor shoeless masses. :rolleyes: Well, maybe 998 since I suppose that she can't really wear running shoes to the Royal Wedding.

Last edited:
I'll admit that I will be watching the wedding. I'm going to DVR it and watch it later in the morning. I watched Chuck and Di's wedding and cried through the whole thing.

I would not trade places with either of them. While the British love their royalty I think it's horrible to do this to real people. William was born to be the future King and he had no choice in the matter. Kate at least has a choice to marry him or not. I would not trade my privacy, independence, autonomy and free will to be a wealthy tourist attraction.

It would drive me crazy to always have so many people around, telling you what your schedule is, how to dress, how to behave. I would not like having security people and paparazzi and worrying about why I need protection.

I think William is a much better catch than Charles. At least William seems honest and decent where Charles seems to have a very unappealing character. He married an aristocratic virgin to fulfill his requirements and then continued to cheat on her with his married former lover. Bad form.

I would not want to be a royal public figure. You have to live every minute of your life concerned about what other people think of you.

Even big ol' Kirstie Alley claims to be a size 6 (Kirstie Alley | Kirstie Alley Slims Down To Size 6 | Contactmusic) so in US sizing, Kate Middleton must be fitting into a newborn infant size.

:rolleyes:

I'd probably trade with anybody who is 29 - - that would be 33 more years of life ahead of me than I presently have.

You'd have to change your name back...

BTW: If I had to trade lives with a Brit, it would be Sir Paul McCartney, not Prince Willy.

The 1965 Paul...

No way! I would love to do some of the traveling that I am sure they will do, but not under their circumstances.

Kate Middleton must be fitting into a newborn infant size.
Are you speaking of my DW? :whistle:

Her wedding gown (along with her other clothes, at the time) were a size 2 (petite, only being 4'11").

While she has "grown" over the last 40+ years (haven't we all - or at least most of us), I still would not trade her in for a "new Kate"; we've gone through too much, together :rolleyes: ...

Absolutely not...but, for a several week vacation, sure!

30 years ago I was at Trafalgar square, surrounded by thousand of deliriously happy Brits, awaiting the arrival Lady Spencer and Prince Charles royal coach. It was a jolly good time and the Brits were very happy to explain to this Yank all the intricacy of the British Royal family. Over a few pints of Watney's it was quite interesting.

I was surprised how excited I was when Lady Di drove past and waved at me. (I am quite sure it was me, cause I know I looked better than Charles back then). Nobody does better pomp and circumstance better than British so it was a real treat.

I find Kate to be even more lovely than Princess Dianne so I'd happily trade place with that luckily William. I don't stutter and I rather enjoy giving public talks, so that part of the job would be fine. It would be pain to be overscheduled, and I would decree that Monday-Thursday would casual day at Buckingham Palace so would not have to get dressed up every day.

I am a wee bit peeved that the stupid US Postal service has lost my royal wedding invitation, so I am going to just watch the spectacle on the telly.

I voted no but I think I could get used to being one of the minor royals. You know, the ones with the elegant historic houses filled with inherited treasures, the privileged horsey life, the easy entree into posh events. And I don't think the tabloid press hounds them too much, unlike the first line royals. Yeah, I think I could buck up to being a second stringer.

I plan to watch the wedding but before and after I get home from work on Friday...not taking a vacation day for it (although the thought did cross my mind).

Can we do this on a part time basis, especially with respect to sex with Kate?

Nice try. I also forgot to mention that you're not allowed to accept and then abdicate or tell all the servants and schedule keepers to bugger off.

We'll be leaving tomorrow (Thursday) to help my sister move house. Over the weekend.

We were supposed to be leaving Friday morning but I just found out that all the local buses have been cancelled because some posh bugger in London is getting married.

I wouldn't trade places, even if it does make me famous enough to get all the buses in the country canceled on my wedding day.

Back
Top Bottom