What will the President say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

73ss454

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Seems like there is something big happening. The President will talk in the next 10 to 15 minutes.

Any ideas what he will say?

We got him! Yeah!!!!

I had a bunch of friends die on 9/11 and it's about time we got him. I'm one happy camper right now!

Osama Bin Laden was killed about a week ago by one of our missiles. They have a DNA match. (my source: Geraldo, on Fox News). The country in which this happened is unknown to Fox so far.

:)

Last edited:
If so, it would be a virtually unprecedented display of big-organization secret-keeping. Doubtful.
Well, the POTUS hasn't spoken yet, but the talking heads say Bin Ladin is dead. I'm glad to be wrong--about the OPSEC and about the facts

I'm afraid it won't change much about the nature of the bigger fight.

NBC claiming our people killed him and have the body.

If this is true - and I hope it is - then it is an appropriate time to remember how we all really felt back on that morning in September 2001. And even more appropriate to think of those who lost so much, both that day and in other attacks.

Osama Bin Laden was killed about a week ago by one of our missiles. They have a DNA match. (my source: Geraldo, on Fox News). The country in which this happened is unknown to Fox so far.

:)

Geraldo now says Osama was taken out where was living, which was not in a cave but in a mansion outside Islamabad.

[-]The[/-] A War is Over!!!! :dance:
I don't think so. Bin Laden might be more dangerous dead than he was alive. The tensions between modern, tolerant, secular society and the traditional village life we are leaving behind are still profound.

How do you start a flash mob? Or find one?

I'm in DC metro area-having the greatest urge to head to South Parking.

My first reaction was :dance:

But now that it is sinking in, somehow it is hard to feel joyous considering all the horror that occurred on 9/11 and after. Despite the best efforts possible, it took us almost 10 long long years to nail him. And meanwhile he was living in luxury in a mansion, apparently. :(

Lucky for William and Kate the DNA results didn't come back 2 days ago!

I so wish the troops could all come home now.

And we didn't have to take our shoes off anymore to fly.

Is the feeling up by the agents OK if they stop making you take your shoes off?:whistle:

I am afraid we can't come to any conclusions or assumptions at this point other than that one man (if you can even call him that - demon might be a better word) is dead.

I'm guessing I'll be making sure my socks don't have holes for quite a while to come.

I like that the Breaking News cut off Celebrity Apprentice, among other programs.... Donald's gonna be pissed, probably ask for another birth certificate or death certificate, long form, I'm sure!

Back in June 2008, candidate Obama implicitly acknowledged the problem of making Obama a martyr. E.g.,
Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Wednesday he would bring Osama bin Laden to justice in a way that wouldn't allow the terrorist mastermind to become a martyr, but he may be killed if the U.S. government finds him.
Obama: Bin Laden must not be a martyr - Politics - Decision '08 - msnbc.com
But now he is a martyr. I'm not saying Obama didn't do great, or he had any reasonable alternative. I'm happy that Bin Laden is dead. But I am saying that now we have a new problem. It would be very foolish to expect radical Islamists to become disheartened and just slink away. They are determined people, and we should brace ourselves.

I like that the Breaking News cut off Celebrity Apprentice, among other programs.... Donald's gonna be pissed, probably ask for another birth certificate or death certificate, long form, I'm sure!

I especially like that they preempted the most important part of the show - the final 15 minutes. And then we had to wait almost another whole hour for the President's address. Gee, I guess Trump's show isn't as `fantastic' as he keeps telling everyone it is!

If Trump hadn't wasted all of our time with his birther nonsense, Obama would have let the last 15 minutes air, and we all would have found out which one of the women's team got fired.

The body--NBC didn't cover this angle. Treatment of human remains is very important in traditional Islam, which would have required bin Ladin's body to have been buried by now. We'll want to do this right to avoid further trouble. But how to do it without creating a shrine/focus of the Movement. Maybe return his remains to Saudi Arabia and allow the government and the family to handle this hot potato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom