How many work days till retirement?

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just thought some might enjoy this. I recently learned that Excel 2007 has a function that counts the number of workdays left till the date of one's choice. For me, this is more meaningful than "days left till retirement," since it is the workdays that I would like to go by quickly. (I don't really want my life to go by, any faster than it already is!!)

=NETWORKDAYS(B2,B3,A8:A!)

Where cell B2 = today's date, B3 = the date being counted backward from., and A8 through A! = the dates of the holidays and other days off between today and the date in B3.

Amethyst

I think that number will just depress me.

I think I can't resist finding it out anyways.

Look on the bright side. Unless you work a 7-day week (which some in military and other professions must do on occasion), NETWORKDAYS < Days till retirement!

Amethyst

I think that number will just depress me.

I think I can't resist finding it out anyways.

Just thought some might enjoy this. I recently learned that Excel 2007 has a function that counts the number of workdays left till the date of one's choice. For me, this is more meaningful than "days left till retirement," since it is the workdays that I would like to go by quickly. (I don't really want my life to go by, any faster than it already is!!)

=NETWORKDAYS(B2,B3,A8:A!)

Where cell B2 = today's date, B3 = the date being counted backward from., and A8 through A! = the dates of the holidays and other days off between today and the date in B3.

Amethyst

Very cool - thanks!

That is so cool, Amethyst! What a neat discovery. I wish I had known that when I was still w*rking. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom