Today's the day

Sparkie67

Recycles dryer sheets
Today was my last day of full time work. I'm 43, and DW and I have opted for a lifestyle change that means we should have sufficient funds to travel and support ourselves indefinitely.

My investing experience is such that I don't post much here - very much a learner at this stage. But I want to sincerely thank those that impart their wisdom and experience on this forum. Your 'guidance' through your posts has given us the confidence to self manage our money and consequently chase the life we desire.

I'm sure there are many like me who lurk about most days without posting much. Just wanted to pop my head up again to say thank you. :)

Congratulations!

Please pop back in from time to time to tell us how it is going.....and what you do all day. :LOL:

Congratulations. Perfect timing...as your first Monday in ER is a non-work day called Labor Day :D. Did you plan it that way, or did that just happen by chance?

Congratulations! Are you still at work? I hope you can go home early if you haven't already.

Enjoy the moment. :D

:dance: :clap: :dance:

Awesome to read this great news from down under! Congratulations - enjoy this day and all those to come! :cool:

Thank you for all your good wishes. No Labor day Downunder today, but I was a shift worker, so days of the week didn't exist for me anyway!

The RV thing is a goer. I've bought a Mercedes (Dodge?) Sprinter which I'm currently converting - love a good project. I'll be heading off in a couple of months hopefully. Can't wait :)

Thank you for all your good wishes. No Labor day Downunder today, but I was a shift worker, so days of the week didn't exist for me anyway!

The RV thing is a goer. I've bought a Mercedes (Dodge?) Sprinter which I'm currently converting - love a good project. I'll be heading off in a couple of months hopefully. Can't wait :)

I remember the great time I had in the 70's traveling in a VW van I had converted. The last few years I have thought of converting a Sprinter too. Their fuel milage and larger size makes them ideal. Sure would like to see pics and hear about your plan.

Cheers!

Congratulations! I hope your last day was a good one and you enjoy your future adventures in FIRE.

Thanks guys. I'm hoping to set up a blog thing of the van conversion (and some travels) so when its done I'll stick the address in my signature.

I'm sure I'll be back posting here in a few months. I'm 'all cash' at the moment (two thirds of which comes up around the new year). Its compounding at 6% at the moment, but I'll need to do something more long term if the rates drop here in the meantime. I'm sure I'll need some opinions....

I remember the great time I had in the 70's traveling in a VW van I had converted. The last few years I have thought of converting a Sprinter too. Their fuel milage and larger size makes them ideal. Sure would like to see pics and hear about your plan.

Cheers!

When I was 20 I converted a 1966 Econoline to a camper and did one lap of America. Did it again on a 1973 Econoline and did one lap of Michigan to Alaska via Yellowknife, then on to Florida then back to Michigan. Lots of fun doing the conversion and then using it daily.

A Sprinter would be an awesome starting point, though I always lusted after a Chevy Step Van.

Thanks guys. I'm hoping to set up a blog thing of the van conversion (and some travels) so when its done I'll stick the address in my signature.

We'd love to hear about it! But please stick the URL in your profile, not your signature, since our Community Rules say no links in signatures. Thanks!

And again, I am SO happy for you. Just reading your post brought back the joy of that last day of work.... forever! :D

We'd love to hear about it! But please stick the URL in your profile, not your signature, since our Community Rules say no links in signatures. Thanks!

And again, I am SO happy for you. Just reading your post brought back the joy of that last day of work.... forever! :D

Ahh, will do. And thank you so much for your wishes :)

Yahoo! How does it feel?:dance:

In a word, odd! I used to get a months holiday, 3 times a year, so at the moment it just seems like one of them. But I know it isn't. The nicest part is having no timeline. At all. I get up, and do what i want. For as long as I want. And that feels great :):)

When I was 20 I converted a 1966 Econoline to a camper and did one lap of America. Did it again on a 1973 Econoline and did one lap of Michigan to Alaska via Yellowknife, then on to Florida then back to Michigan. Lots of fun doing the conversion and then using it daily.

A Sprinter would be an awesome starting point, though I always lusted after a Chevy Step Van.
The hippies' move-up option. "We're taking it easy, we're taking it slow.... :)

Ha

Back
Top Bottom