Going to Part Time Employment with Government?

FUEGO

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm currently in a full time position with a large government employer (not the feds). I am curious if anyone on the forum had gone from full time to part time employment at a government employer?

Good luck. My agency didn't have any part time employees that I know of, except for one who was pregnant with complications and got HR/EEO to back her up in her demand for that about 15 years ago. Might be different with a federal contractor (probably is).

Last edited:
Good luck. My agency didn't have any part time employees that I know of, except for one who was pregnant with complications and got HR/EEO to back her up in her demand for that about 15 years ago. Might be different with a federal contractor (probably is).

I don't know of any part timers either in my agency, but we have a lot of consultants in house. Consulting is a possible route for me (have looked into it and it would be lucrative, but 1-2 years off). Consulting could possibly allow part time work since it would be on an as needed basis for our agency (and assuming the consulting firm was ok with less than 40 hrs a week billable).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom