Be Careful Ordering Free Kindle Books

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I ordered a $7.69 Kindle book by mistake, thinking it was free. Amazon refunded my money, however.

I should have double-checked the price, but this happened because the sort by price function apparently doesn't always work right. Non-free books can appear within the list of free books:

img_1131335_0_5d64b5224ecdcdfba27123fbb58af1d7.png

img_1131335_1_fd95e48fa6bc22e48b22320af5b6128b.png

Nice that Amazon refunded your money. I've heard their customer service for Kindles is really good. I have had trouble with sorting Kindle books by price before, too, maybe due to their software not taking recent price changes into account. But the only one I bought at a mistaken price like that was cheaper than I expected, so I didn't need customer service.

Last edited:
One of the things I found out recently is that you can return any Kindle content within 7 days of purchase (after return it will disappear from your device). My son ordered a book that he thought was a regular novel but it turned out to be a graphic novel. Was able to return it with no problem.

It turns out that that book was sorted with the free ones because it is free as part of some promotion, that is if you buy something else.

I've just started with our local library borrowing books through the Overdrive/Amazon service. It is pretty easy, though there are a couple of steps involved to get the book ordered.

Also, be aware that prices are changed at midnight (don't remember what time zone).

That is something I read today while getting familiar with the K-Fire I just got.

I've just started with our local library borrowing books through the Overdrive/Amazon service. It is pretty easy, though there are a couple of steps involved to get the book ordered.

I have better luck getting good free books this way than with Kindle (but this book is very good so far). Of 10 free Kindle books I get, only one or two are OK.

My system is to browse the books, and fill up my waiting list (because all the good books are "out." 3 books max), and put some more books on the wish list.

When I get the email saying a book on the waiting list is available, I check it out for one week, then transfer another book to the waiting list.

I have the latest Ludlum book on hold, and am looking forward to that.

Heh, the first week I had my kindle my SIL searched for the most expensive books available and accidentally ordered one for over $3000. I knew it could be returned as a mistake but didn't let him know for several hours. Hee.:cool:

Al,

Thanks for the tip on free kindle books.

Diff subject, Shirley you're not doing screenshots from your kindle!? If so, how?

Al,

Thanks for the tip on free kindle books.

Diff subject, Shirley you're not doing screenshots from your kindle!? If so, how?

I read with the Kindle reader on my iPod touch (don't have a Kindle), so that's how I do the screen shots.

And don't call me Shirley.

Classic...

Rumack: Can you fly this plane, and land it? Ted

Striker: Surely you can't be serious.

Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

I really thought Barnes & Noble was much better with free or discounted books but amazon is doing a good job with apps for the Fire . Lots of decent free ones .

Back
Top Bottom