Problem with ipad2 and bluetooth headset

Nova

Recycles dryer sheets
I received an ipad2 for Christmas. Thank you DS! I am new to the apple world and have a question. I have a plantronics pro-hd headset (which is also new to me). The bluetooth headset works fine with my phone(s) and I can use it to listen to music on the ipad2. My problem is with skype. Sometimes the BT headset works with skype on the ipad2 and sometimes it doesen't. The instructions on the BT says it works with an iphone, which I don't have, but it seems logical to think that it would also work with the ipad2. Have any of you had any experience with this problem?

The Bluetooth connection on my iPad2 has also been a bit flaky at times with my Apple wireless keyboard.

The way I finally fixed it was to get the iPad to "forget" the keyboard, then pair it again.

Take the headset out of any possible Bluetooth range (as much more than 30 feet as you can manage), then tell the iPad to forget the headset.

Then do a real reboot of the iPad (hold the home and sleep buttons down together until you see the Apple logo).

Then bring the headset back and pair them up again.

This worked great for my problems. Give it a try.

Thanks, will try that. I did tell the ipad2 to forget the BT device, then did a fresh "pair". Worked yesterday, not today. Do you have to do a reboot of the ipad every time you want to use a BT feature?

Nova said:
Thanks, will try that. I did tell the ipad2 to forget the BT device, then did a fresh "pair". Worked yesterday, not today. Do you have to do a reboot of the ipad every time you want to use a BT feature?

Did the routine twice, about a week or two apart. Since then, everything has been working perfectly for the past several months.

Back
Top Bottom